• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

D20 T-Shifter Question

ryes

Working on testing out my 4WD for the first time. My t-shifter has a ton of play in it so I’m going to replace the bushing. I see how the handle button forces the bottom piece on the shaft down but it’s not connected to anything.

What am I missing here in how this operates?

324742-B7-945-D-413-F-B2-A1-1-FE955-BB96-C0.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ryes

ryes

Just found this on another post - this gate part doesn’t exist on my transfer case. What issues can I expect running without? Assuming it just won’t be locked in gear?

19-A75-B27-3138-4420-AE4-B-031960-E40661.jpg

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Shouldn't make much (if any) difference. 1966 Broncos just had a straight shifter with no push button or detent plate. It's the detent balls in the shift rails of the transfer case that keep it in the correct gear range.

Hazegray

If the funds are available, I would highly recommend buying a twin stick conversion. I got tired of forcing into 4x4; now it's easy as pie to shift!