• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

D44 axle shafts

yakelys69

Any suggestions on where I can find a passenger side inner and outer axle shaft for a 78 hp dana 44 locally in north san diego? I plan to call WCB and BCB along with the local parts. any other suggestions beside scavenging the yards? I broke it tonight and am trying to make a trip with my family on Friday.

OP
OP
yakelys69

yakelys69

I next dayed some chromoly axles and spicer ujoints from Rauto, arrived Friday and we made it out. Had a great weekend running pinyon mountain trail. After seeing these axles I'm defiantly upgrading the other side and hope I prevent someone else from purchasing those crappy ACdelco u-joints. One note on the outer shaft, the new one has two grooves for the snap ring, the hub wouldn't work correctly until I realized it needed to be on the inner one .
Ujoint-ACdelco.png

D44-Inner.png

D44-Inner2.png

d44-outer.png

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Must have been a crappy u-joint if you broke the long side. Most people including me take out the short side axle. Since its stubby it doesn't flex as much taking up the shock and blowing out the u-joint. I'm glad you got what you needed in time. Your new axle looks to be much better made than your old one.