• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TN D44 disc conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyShackelfor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Centerville, TN
Decided to go to 8 lug on my 79. You get knuckles, spindles, brake plates, and calipers. $250. If you want them, hubs and rotors included

Thanks

Last edited:

ren71

Will this work on a d30?
What condition are the parts in, will anything need to be rebuilt/cleaned/rotors turned etc.? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks

bentendo

Hey there, what shape are the rotors in, and are the hubs factory or aftermarket?

Oh, and how are the balljoints?

OP
OP
R

RustyShackelfor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Centerville, TN
When you say hubs, do you mean hubs or lockouts? The rotors are fine. One on the truck is grooved but I have an almost perfect one to replace it with so that washes out. Balljoints and all are good and tight if you werent wanting to replace them.

This whole setup was very tight in the truck.

bentendo

I suppose I meant lockouts. The hub and rotor is all one piece, isn't it?

2434.jpg

Are you open to any offers on for everything together? I'm in Memphis, btw.

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bentendo You can buy hubs and rotors seperate or together.

OP
OP
R

RustyShackelfor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Centerville, TN
Like jeepguy said, they can come apart.

Do you have a D44 or 30 so i know if this is the right thing for you?

I am very flexible and love trading. We could even meet in Jackson or something if you wanted

bentendo

Good deal. Yeah, I have a '72 with a Dana 44. I saw a tech article on the site that gives a step-by-step of converting to 79 Bronco or F150 discs on a 44. I'm currently drums all the way around.

acmefl

Loc.
Florida
Hey Rusty,
I'm the guy from this morn about the ps pump, which I'm going to buy from you. Thanks for the help.
If you don't sell this locally maybe we can make a package deal that will make both of us happy?
Thx
Aaron

ADNICK

I'm interested but can't this be done without replacing the knuckles?

Thanks,
Nick

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
HEy Rusty,
Did you check with Stingus? I know he's been chomping at the bit for a disc brake set up for quite some time.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
I'm interested but can't this be done without replacing the knuckles?

Thanks,
Nick

yes, there is a way to do that (gm conversion). the problem with that is the opening in your drum brake knuckles is small. you might have issues if you decide to upgrade your axles in the future. i'd do the ford conversion over the gm.

Status
Not open for further replies.