• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 20 1330 yoke?

FlockKnocker

Loc.
Catawba, SC
Long story short, somehow ended up with a drive shaft with 1330 u joints. I thought it was for an 66-77. Same length just different joints. Like a dummy I have already built the 9" chunk and installed a 1330 yoke in it. I searched on here and googled it, I don't think you can get a dana 20 yoke for a 1330 u joint. Looks like to me, my only options are to chop up my 2 drive shafts and make one that will work or buy a correct shaft and swap out the 9" yoke again. Before I do that I want to ask, anyone make a dana 20 yoke for a 1330 joint? Thanks and sorry if this subject has been beatin' to death.

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
try driveshaft superstore in arizona- they make flat flanges for the 10 spline d20- for some reason I think I saw the 1330 cv yoke for 10 spline on there sight

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't think you can use a combo joint on the cv side. Right?

Your are correct..you cannot. Combo joints only work at the dif (single u-joint) end of any driveshaft.

For what that 1330 CV yoke would probably cost (I'm not aware of any you could source from junkyard that size and type that will fit a D-20) you could have the CV end on the drive shaft changed to 1310.

OP
OP
FlockKnocker

FlockKnocker

Loc.
Catawba, SC
Thanks for the help guys. I was hoping the aftermarket world would accommodate my screw up, but no such luck! Think I'm just going to visit the local driveline man this week. For the record Driveline Superstore does offer a D20 1350 yoke. I need to post some pics of my ride for ya'll soon.