• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dash/Glovebox/Electrical Center

rflud

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Modesto, CA
Very cool Jack. I move my glove box too. But I cheated and just LineX'd the dash so I didn't have to work with the body filler so much.

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

I can't tell you how tempted I was! The funny thing about this is I painted it at least 5 times.

The first 4 times was because every time I put a clear coat on it it wrinked the base coat (it was so cold it was taking 2 extra days to cure enough to support the clear). The fifth time I was waxing it and wasn't happy with one spot. So I thought I'd get the power waxer out (a foam pad that goes on my grinder). Peeled the still not cured paint right off.

Every time I had to take it down to bare metal so the paint would look 1/2 way decent. It still isn't perfect, but I have too much to do to get overly anal about the dash right now.

-Jack

thesnake

Bronco Guru
That looks great!!! You should market that harness!!!

snake

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I have to say again, that's a damn nice dash and the wiring looks damn clean.

snake

MKD

Loc.
Edgewood, NM
And to think I get bent out of shape having to change a dash light!! That is so fantastic!!! :eek: Puts guys like me to shame... ;)

KST1

-Jack,

Very nice work. I've moved my box also. In my opinion that's the only way to go when you have a cage. It's a lot of work, but what isn't on these things. I can't get rid of the storage capabilities of my glove box though, my wife needs someplace to store her sunscreen!!

Just curious, where did you get your rocker switches? I've been looking for some like that.

-D

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Lehr. I'm going with a different style if you want them. $5 each sound good to you? I paid $10.

I agree about the glove box mod. I considered doing the door that slides but I have plenty of stuff that is rigged on the rig, no need to add more.

I'm going to build a tool box under the passenger seat that is on full length ball bearing sliders. it will open out the door side and lock. I'm going to do the same thing on the back floorpan behind the rear seat. Probably 2 drawers for tool/accessory storage. Low profile so they don't take up much room but store enough to where I don't have to carry my two tool boxes, box of spares and jug of nuts n bolts.

-Jack

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
[quote author=IronBenderII link=board=5;threadid=14821;start=0#msg112016 date=1046802811]
...but I have plenty of stuff that is rigged on the rig, no need to add more.
[/quote]

Jack-

No need to go public with that sort of information!!!! ;D

Lars

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
Nice job, I made a metal replacement for my cardboard glove box so that I can install my Ron Francis fuse box inside, but I havent had time to post pics yet.

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Cool, post some pics!

I made mine out of metal as well and welded nuts to the back so it would be easy to change out relays (if need be).

Lars... Pirate Flip Off. 8^)
-Jack

66horse

Bronco Guru
wow what a dash! That is sweet.

But as far as the electrical center goes, I think mine looks better! :p

P3040066.JPG

LOL, just kidding. that is sweet man!

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Dan, cruise by any time! I sold my front and rear end and have the 60's on the way. So I'm on 12 foundation blocks for now! Did you see the emails about the tire grooving party?

-Jack