• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dash Pad Install Question

JustinK

My 74 currently does not have a dash pad installed so nothing has to be removed. From what I read about installing a pad the windshield has to be lowered to install the screws on the rear of the pad. Is it possible/advisable to install the pad with the front screws only or are the rear screws necessary?

My windshield appears to be in good condition rust wise but I don't want to open a can of worms if I don't have to as well as possibly damage the paint on the hinge.

Thanks! :)

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
When I removed the dash pad from my last bronco, the rear was not screwed in and I didn't know it. I think you can test this pretty easily and make a judgment call at that point. Another option, if it's a 50/50 call would be to drop some glue / silicon on the rear tabs before screwing in the other areas.

TheLimeRanger

i took my dash pad off, which as you correctly stated, requires the windshield to be folded down. i have a new one ready to put on, but i put the old one back with only the two knobs on the ends of the dash securing it in place. its totally fine, so to answer your question, the front screws need not be in.