• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Daystar Stinger Bumps

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Anybody use them on an EB yet? There's a set on my desk waiting to go in and I was wondering if anyone else has tried them.

Attachments

• daystar.jpg
    daystar.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP
ken75ranger

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
I guess I'll be the test mule. Daystar sent them to me for that reason. ;) It will be a few weeks before I get them mounted but I'll report back once I try them out.

They are shaped like an air bump but that's where the similarities end. They use different grades of urethane polyfoam to cushion the landing. They are not a replacement for air bumps on a racer but should be good for weekend wheelers. Think bigger and softer bump stop contained in a can.

Most of the 4wd stores carry therm for around $210 for a set of 2. :eek:

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Should they be mounted in cans like the air bumps? I see the weld bracket and it looks like that is to be welded to a flat spot and then the bump stop screwed to the top of the can.

OP
OP
ken75ranger

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
They fit in an air bump can or you can get a weld on cap from them. They did send me a pair of the weld on caps.
I might get to them next week after I fix a brake line I over bent. %)