• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dennis carpenter website

Got4wd

Contributor
Loc.
Reno
Am I missing something or does DC have the worst website for dining out about an order? Ordered a few parts weeks ago and never got a tracking number but it shows shipped. Am I missing something or this normal for slow shipping? Tried calling the other day around 1:00 pacific time but they are already closed.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I will tell my story...
I had parts ordered online for my 79. I got my initial email saying my order was in process. 3 weeks go by with no shipping email, and I called customer service, asking very nicely about and wanting an update. (They close like at 4pm their time ) I was very respectful with the gall I was talking with and she was frank with me: They can't get anyone to employ that actually wants to work. They have hired people who have quit after after one day, at their first lunch hour, and after their first break. There was frustration in her voice, she felt they offered a good wage for the area, yes there is work to do all day and the day can be over quick if you work. Sounds like the crew working has evolved into a 4/10, M-Thurs, with the availability for OT on Fridays to try and keep up. I spoke to them on a Monday and she said that over the weekend they had 1200 orders come in!

I thanked her for her honesty and said I understand the situation. She looked up my order and said it should be packaged up by the end of the week to go out. And my stuff showed up the following week.
Shipping, the cheap rate seems to take a while longer than maybe some of the shipping we are used to.

I am going to take a guess that some of our Vendors are experiencing the same thing, I ordered a windshield gasket from WH's, not in stock, back ordered, no delivery time offered by their Vendor which happened to be DC. I said put me on the list... It showed up in about 3 weeks. DC website also showed it was O of S. So I am sure their Staffing issues is affecting everyone, I hope they can find some folks to work, but these newer generations seem to want top dollar pay and are not use to hard work, or not having their phones in their back pockets... Be patient Got4wd...

ngsd

Bronco Guru
I have ordered a ton of stuff frrom them and never an issue.

Benratt

Yeah DC website is the worst. The search functionality is terrible. I've found the best way tis to open the digital catalog and find part numbers and put them in. I've been waiting on racetrac trim for my 79 for over 10 months. It's been on backorder. Nobody can tell me when it's going to be available. As far as shipping out what they have in stock, I haven't had too many problems with that, but I'm a one day UPS ship from their Charlotte warehouse.