• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dented hood

boatbldr

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
1/4 inch dent? You're worried about a 1/4 inch dent???
Just kidding, probably hammer/dolly and a little bondo.
If you need a little body work practice, you need to do a little more wheeling!

JMurray

Try to knock it back out from the underside. Get a slim tool like a very large screwdriver or a skinny cold chisel.
Carefully bring it back close to where it needs to be, take your time & dont hit it hard.
Finish it off with some body lead if you can get it. If not use bondo.
Jerry

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
when repairing dents. a good bodyman (which I am not) will look at a dent and determine the point of impact. There is a rule (hope I got this right) first in,first out? as it pertains to dents and creases. Hopefully its reachable from the backside.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Hey jeepster, I don't know about the first in first out saying. I never went to body shop school and I don't know all the fancy sayings but I told someone that same thing and I might have been wrong telling them that. I never fix a dent the same way. After about a million of them you just know how to do it and get a good end result. Sometimes I move all over the place when repairing a dent. Sometimes I start in the center. Sometimes I start at a edge and work in. Sometimes I tap them out, sometimes pull them out. Every now and then I just paint over them ;D

67ster

Bronco Guru
First in , first out is the rule but remember that a dent also stretches the metal so take it easy working it out or you will have a lump where the dent was .