• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

dented hood

Wzbell

Loc.
Troutman, NC
I have a dent in the center of my hood. More like a 3 inch round bubble. Meaning it protrudes instead of going in. It's right over a brace so I can't get behind it. What can I do to fix it?

NCSUWoj

Contributor
Loc.
Lynchburg, VA
You could buy my hood for 100 bucks with just some minor dings in it. ;D That should fix it. ;D I could even bring it to Raleigh for ya!

76BroncoSport

Loc.
McKinney, Texas
I'm don't know hardly anything about body repair but maybe you could put a 2x4 over the lump and pound the shit outta it with a hammer on the top side of the wood...

dji

Sounds to me like you won't have any trouble with an aftermarket breather and hood clearance! ;D

dji

I did it once. And only once. Nice new breather and dropped the hood :eek:. Many new words that day! :eek:. Forgot to check the clearance!

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Hey dji, Do you know Joe and Paul DaSilva at JP Performance ? They are friends of mine from my Mustang drag racing days. If you ever need any ford engine stuff done , they are the guys to see. Some of the nicest guys I have ever met.

OP
OP
W

Wzbell

Loc.
Troutman, NC
[quote author=BrewDude link=board=5;threadid=15650;start=0#msg118444 date=1048641834]
Sorry I don't have an answer but I am curious how it got there.
[/quote]

It was there when I bought it. Flat, black paint covers up a lot. I thougt about smacking it once with a hammer. I can always fill the indent with bondo. That is if bondo is ok with the heat of the engine. If not I'll just leave it. It matches the rest of the dings.

dji

[quote author=2badrotties link=board=5;threadid=15650;start=0#msg118451 date=1048642439]
Hey dji, Do you know Joe and Paul DaSilva at JP Performance ? They are friends of mine from my Mustang drag racing days. If you ever need any ford engine stuff done , they are the guys to see. Some of the nicest guys I have ever met.
[/quote] No I can't say that I do. But I'll be sure to look them up someday soon.

dji

[quote author=Wzbell link=board=5;threadid=15650;start=0#msg118453 date=1048642554]
[quote author=BrewDude link=board=5;threadid=15650;start=0#msg118444 date=1048641834]
[/quote]

It was there when I bought it. Flat, black paint covers up a lot. I thougt about smacking it once with a hammer. I can always fill the indent with bondo. That is if bondo is ok with the heat of the engine. If not I'll just leave it. It matches the rest of the dings.
[/quote] Like I said. The dreaded "breather slam syndrome". Buy a scoop and cover the boo-boo. Best one I've found is one off a Comet GT. The lines on this scoop are a perfect match for the Bronco hood. (And they look great too!) ;)

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
They sponsor JP performance day ( a all ford day ) up there at the dragstrip. Very nice guys. Sorry about hijacking this thread.

If you try to tap the dent down , hold something flat and firm under that brace as you tap on the top of the hood. Might need a helper for that.

americanhorses

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, California
you can try heating the area up with a torch, (about 6" around the 'bump') if it is not creased it will flatten down to the orig. profile as it cools. Of course you'll loose paint. if that dosen't work smack it with a hammer ;)

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
Take it to one of those paintless repair places to challenge their skills :eek: ... and tell them in advance that you will not pay unless the "repair" is undetectable. This will get you to 90% ... filler will take care of the rest.

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
[quote author=dji link=board=5;threadid=15650;start=0#msg118459 date=1048642889]
[quote author=Wzbell link=board=5;threadid=15650;start=0#msg118453 date=1048642554]
[/quote]
[/quote] Like I said. The dreaded "breather slam syndrome". Buy a scoop and cover the boo-boo. Best one I've found is one off a Comet GT. The lines on this scoop are a perfect match for the Bronco hood. (And they look great too!) ;)
[/quote]Do you have any pic of this scoop you could post for us?

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
comet1.jpg

First_15TIF.jpg