• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Did a little face lift today

bronconate68

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
That's a good looking Bronco. I stumbled upon your gallery a few weeks ago and I have to admit, that Bronco looks good. Some EBs just have a good stance you know.

I like what you did with the grill.

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
bronconate68 said:
That's a good looking Bronco. I stumbled upon your gallery a few weeks ago and I have to admit, that Bronco looks good. Some EBs just have a good stance you know.

I like what you did with the grill.

Thanks to you and everyone else
I was a little worried that silver, black and orange might be to many colors. But I was a little unhappy with the black grill and the black headlight rings. However once I pulled the tape off, reinstalled the letters, and the new chrome headlight rings I knew I made the right choice. The silver grill also makes it look wider.

By the way your truck has a real nice stance too. I doubt I will go that high, but I do have a one inch body lift that I will be installing soon.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
DonsBolt said:
Wise Ass ;D

well I have had to do a bunch of stuff to get it this far, in 8 months I have replaced

new rear 24 gallon tank
new Alluminum radiator
New clutch
new shifter
tires/wheels- from 33's to 35's
springs- was 2.5 lift now 3.5 lift
new shocks
new rear driveshaft
new ball joints
New track bar riser
New front brakes
new fender flares
new seats
new carb/intake
new distributor cap/rotor/wires
re did some ellectrical, and istalled pertronic ignitor/coil
Worked on the vacuum system

Holly crap, did I replace all that allready????????????????

Now it is time I make her perdy
Is that the same thing as A HOLE?? You have been a busy fellow. Its all worth it though aint it.

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
I agree with everyone it looks great with the silver. Some day when I get mine painted I need to get the chrome around the grill and plan to have it painted the same. You have one nice EB there to be pround of!

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
what kind of prep work did you do on the grill, and also what paint? Did you just rattle can it, or is it a base coat clear coat? I'd like to do something similar to mine sometime. Thanks, Craig

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
craigaria said:
what kind of prep work did you do on the grill, and also what paint? Did you just rattle can it, or is it a base coat clear coat? I'd like to do something similar to mine sometime. Thanks, Craig

Craig
I sanded down the grill to get the top layer of paint off, I didn't go all the way to bare metal. Then a sprayed a thin coat of sandable primer. I then used Plasti Kote 1587 Silver M Truck & Sport Utility Spray Paint. It is listed in there book as a pre 1978 Ford Silver.

While I was at it I installed a set of Chrome Headlight rings I recientlly bought.

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
Thanks for the info! I need to try and find the trim around the grill too... It makes the silver stand out nice.