• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dimming Dash Lights

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
Was pretending to drive mine a few days ago ;D, and was checking out some of the new Centech wiring. I noticed that when I turn the steering wheel to either side, the dash lights get a little brighter. I figured a short would make them dim, not get brighter. The vehicle wasn't running if that makes any difference, and it has a new cluster regulator. It isn't real drastic, just concerns me a little. I also wiggled the harness under the dash, and the lights were fine. Any ideas?

Explore74

Loc.
Lubbock, TX
sounds like wherever your dash lighting circuit is grounded, you are not making good contact. Sounds like when you turn your wheel, there is some tension on something helping to make better contact. don't rule out the actual connector to wire connection either. good luck! :)

Bronconut

I agree with checking grounds. Ensure your body is grounded to the frame/motor well. At one time my lights wouldn't work unless I pushed the clutch in, it seems the clutch rod would rub the body when pushed in thus the lights came on.