• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Disc brake caliper hoses?

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
I am doing a disc conversion and need to purchase caliper hoses. I have 3½" lift and down the road maybe a 1" body lift. I have seen the two different types of hoses IE the rubber and the braided SS. On JBG website it makes it look like the braided ones are longer then the rubber ones, but that might just be the picture. Should I go with the braided ones or the rubber lines? Other then bling do they add much. I can imagine they are tougher. If it didn't break at the break line, maybe it would cause worse damage?

Thanks
Martin

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I just did the disc conversion on mine. Rubber hoses expand, i.e. - soft pedal. Braided ones will too, but not as much. The bronco vendors all sell extended lines. Go with the braided ones. They do look cool.

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
At the caliper additional lift should not make any differance as the hoses are attached to the diff. only. SS lines are nice I have them and my pedal feel is better but be careful some are not DOT approved. I have heard of a few cases where the lines failed w/o warning (you can't see cracks) so ask vendor first.
Marty

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I went with braided on my disc conversion the price was abouit the same. Just make sure you get the correct lines for your conversion.