• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Disc Brake Pads

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
Hi guys, can someone help me out with a part number for disc brake pads? My brother has the D44 in his 72 Bronco with disc brakes. (this axle was not stock, added by previous owner, assuming out of 76-77 bronco) I am helping my brother change rotors, pads and bearings and was going to replace the pads, but the pads he bought will not fit. The part # is D50 (Bendix). I went to Autozone and the same part # came up there as well.

Basically, what is happening is this: I put the inner pad in with spring clip, then place the outer pad into caliper. After placing "top" of caliper into caliper bracket, when I go to slide in the "bottom" of caliper (towards rotor), the outer pad is in the way. It's like the pad material is about 1/2 too long, and the corner of it hits the caliper bracket, which will not let the caliper slide in where it needs to be.

I hope my explanation is not confusing, best way I could describe it without pictures. The funny thing is that the previous owner appears to have done some "modifications" to the pads! When I look at the old pads, the corners (the same place mine hit) have been ground down! So obviously the previous owner hacked this to make it work. I would rather not do that, so that is why I am asking for help...then my brother can come get his truck out of our garage!!

:)

Thanks for any help you guys can give me...this is Keith (Preston's Brother)