• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Distributor Vacuum Full-time or Ported?

DEANCURTIS17

Loc.
Northern Virginia
Hello All,

I am installing a Edelbrock 600. My wonderful truck wasn't running when I took her all apart. So, I couldn't test if the Distributor is full-time vacuum or ported. Can someone please tell me which port to connect this to so I can finnally get this running! Thanks!

RangerRob

Ported! That way it applies advance when the throttle plates are opened up. The mechanical advance on the distributor does the rest.

mitzel

Contributor
Loc.
Googleplex
the factory setup typically uses the ported vacuum.

actually you can get things running well using either vacuum source and
debate seems to continually rage on regarding which is superior.

scotthutson

Loc.
phelan ca
I think the ported is located on the carb left side fulltime on the right,when facing front of vehicle, if I get youre question correctly?