• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anybody have the fiberglass windshield frame installed?

Gerbow

Loc.
Jacksonville
I need to replace mine and happen to have a fg one but dont want to use it if they are weak or flimsy. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Should be fine. The glass stuff i have is just as strong if not stronger than steel. The only problem i can see is if the fiberglass is thick where the windshield mounting gasket goes it may pose a problem. Maybe you can mount the glass the "New Way"!

OP
OP
Gerbow

Gerbow

Loc.
Jacksonville
What is the new way to mount the glass? The screws just screw into thefiberglass and hold like going into metal?

NYLES

Bronco Guru
gonna need a custom cut windshield ...no biggie any glass place can cut it....bout a 1/8 inch smaller space than a steel frame...Mine was like 150$

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Holy cow... I just had a glass cut and installed for $85.00

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I had a fiberglass windsheild. Mine was off either - the size of the frame or the mount to the cowl - either way it resulted in a big PITA getting everything to line up properly.

The "new way" to install the glass is not to use a gasket but rather the newer type of sealant. Here's a link to a thread about it. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170069

Deano

Bronco Guru
I have one and have ben running for about 5 years. When I installed the glass I had to do some trimming on the inside the frame where the rubber went. Works great!