• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anybody run the Edlebrock Performer RPM Pro-Flo EFI System?

bronconator

Loc.
Santa Clarita
I was thinking about running the Pro-Flo EFI system, does anyone have experience with it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

adambronco74

Loc.
Northern Colorado
I met a guy who knew a guy (one of those deals :)) that had and Edelbrock EFI system on a crate 302 in his EB. He said it ran awesome and it got about 23 MPG.

elemetal

Loc.
Oakland, CA
I've got one in my rig. They're a great system, simple but very easy to play aroung with. You can adjust timing at various RPM and load points, same with the fuel and also play around with idle mixtureand cold start. Make the engine sart and idle very well and is totally reliable so far (7,000 mi on it). The biggest issue with it is that its a speed/density system. The more info you have about your cam, the better they can taylor the base fuel map on the chip. I had to measure all my cam info on the rig and send it in to them, which worked firn, but I want to put a lower duration cam (204 deg rather than 222) in there anyway. When I get the cam, I'll get Edelbrock to burn me another chip with the new map ($50) and 'll be ready to roll.

todcolvin

Sounds like a nice system.

Do you have pics of the installation???

What had to be modified and were there any clearance issues?

elemetal

Loc.
Oakland, CA
Sorry it took so long to get back, went skiing in the 40" of powder we got last Friday!!! I've got a glass hood with a raised center and a 2" body lift so clearance was not an issue although I think I could have fit it without the body lift. I've got pictures as well but it'll take me the day to get 'em posted. The only issue I found that might affect you is the oxygen feedback loop for you at high altitude. I'm able to get better gas mileage with my own map than by using the computer to adjust mixture according to stochiometric ratio (14.7:1). You'll probably want that feature turned on or you're mixture will be all over the place when the air gets thin.

elemetal

Loc.
Oakland, CA
Finally got OK'd to post photos, sorry it took so long. Here it is in mid-install

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 175

elemetal

Loc.
Oakland, CA
And here's the adjustable control module. Nice to have handy for easy play, but you can disconnect it and pack it away.

Attachments

• console tr.jpg
    console tr.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 144

Merlin76

Any clearance issues Elemental? Are you using a stock hood? I like the way it looks.... nice and clean.

Thanks

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Elemental,

Heres the $2000 question...hopefully less...what did the whole setup cost? Installation-wise how was it? Did you require much tech help from Edelbrock and were they competent? Please advise; it is quite pretty. What is your fuel economy, keeping in mind that its a 351W...? Do you run mostly street, highway, off-road? Thanks for your time and attention.

elemetal

Loc.
Oakland, CA
The install was easy, just like doing an intake manifold with a little wiring packed in. I re-did my wiring myself so I know which hot is switched, not switched, ignition on etc. Found a great place to put the ECU (where the original radio was) but you need a stud welder or you're going to get leaks (holes in the shelf above the firewall). The guy at Edelbrock was available and helpful, although the biggest problem I had was thinking I had a 351 firing order only to find out it was a 302 cam!! Different harness 'cause of the way the injectors are wired. I get about 12 mpg in the city and about 16 mpg on the freeway, but I'm still fine tuning it, hoping to get a couple mpg better in the end. I got it 'cause it'll idle upsides down, it cold sarts with a turn of the key only (no gas pedal needed even when its 10 F outside!) and I might someday make this thing run on natural gas. You can keep three different fuel maps in the controller at once so you can have one more suited to off-road and another for on-road. I have to mention that I replaced the stock tank with a WH 20 gal so hooking up the return line was just slipping a hose over a vent spout, the stock tank might make you go in and out through the sending unit (pita). The final answer: about $2,300 plus the intake gaskets, but Summit had 'em in stock so I didn't have time to re-think it. If you can afford it and you don't have CA emissions to deal with, I completely reccommend it. Good luck!