• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

does anyone have a Bronco with an original dash compass

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey guys... does anyone have a bronco with original/dealer install dash compass? I'm pretty sure my 66 U13 had one well, what was left of it. %) I'd like to find one to replace it but I'm not 100% what I should look for.

So please post up pics if your truck has one!

Thanks Jeff

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Never heard of that. Send pics!

It was a dealer item either Rotunda or FoMoCo part. It wouldn't have been something that would have come from assembly line but a something added at time of purchase of the bronco.

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I tried to install one in my dash but there was way too much interference for it to stay calibrated. If you find one that works post about it!

House

Minutia Militia
Hey Jeff, not currently mounted, but here is the one for my '67.
There is a sticker inside the glovebox with the adjusting instructions also,
but it is very hard to read from stuff rubbing against it for so long...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 230

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
There are a couple Rotunda compasses on ebay now. $7-$800 . Look nice . Not sure if they are the same or not. Just fyi

House

Minutia Militia
Yeah, those are the same. I would like to see the details in the instructions book.

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Jeff, not currently mounted, but here is the one for my '67.
There is a sticker inside the glovebox with the adjusting instructions also,
but it is very hard to read from stuff rubbing against it for so long...

Yeah those are the ones I'v seen in the past... pretty cool!!! My current U13 had the remnants of a dash compass but exactly which make compass I can't tell for sure. I think a FoMoCo or Rotunda but not 100% on it. Anyways I have seen the NOS FoMoCo compasses on eBay but its hard to pull the trigger on it with 600-700 price tag! A couple years back I could have bought a NOS Rotunda dash compass for $250 but I didn't. Boy... was that a mistake!!! Oh well the hunt will continue for one but at a more reasonable price!

Thanks Jeff

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Jeff it figures your Bronco has the weird dealer option (that will cost you $700), lol. Jeff, Im sure we can find one. Im still deciding weather to use this tub I have or look for another.