• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NY Does Anyone Know Anything About This EB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
Looks to have the early 66 Eyebrow grill.. There is a bad glare but looks to have the original 66 tailgate too.. Snoop doors... Im just not a fan of those seats... Also it doesnt say if the front end has been upgraded to the d44.... I would ask alot of questions..

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
It has been out there for a while, unless you really love I wouldn't pay that for it. IMHO there are some tacky upgrades (wheels, shifter, diamond plate, bumpers, steering wheel, lift blocks on rear, etc) and I have trouble seeing 50K in it unless he had it all done at a shop.

If in the 20-30k range, I would be very picky. I have a bunch if you want to take a look if you are local. The more you see and learn the happier you will be in the end.

Last edited:

luke

Too much money. It sure doesnt look like a bronco i would pay 25k for.

luke

Find a nice clean stocker for 10-15k and do your own upgrades over time. Best way to go.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
For that price, you should buy Pistola. It's in TX, so add $700-800 to have it shipped to you. But you can read 13 pages worth of a build thread. Awesome truck at a good price and was done right.

OP
OP
Captain Ken

Captain Ken

Loc.
Out to Sea
Thanks for the replies. The front end has been upgraded. I will be able to purchase in the $teens and would be shipping it to Florida.
I'm not a huge fan of the seats but like most everything else.
I checked out Pistola and love the work that was done, but I prefer the open rear wheels and a little lift.

ransil

Bronco Guru
"too much to list"

lazy ass if he wants to sell for 25K it he needs to list it.

Looks like he invested about $100 in the suspension, if he has $50k in it ask for receipts

Bumpers are ugly, not a good fit.
soft top mount still has the way old kayline snaps on the tail gate

Manual brakes, think for 50K power would have been added

Fan shroud missing

ad does not say it runs or drives.

OP
OP
Captain Ken

Captain Ken

Loc.
Out to Sea
I second that! That pistola build is what i see in my dreams!

Pistola sure looks nice, but unfortunately is out of my price range. I have a deal on the NY truck for $19K.

Included in the price are the hardtop and original doors. He says it runs great and has strong compression, has power steering and brakes, and that everything works. The restoration was done by the previous owner in Ohio. The current owner had the wiring redone, brakes installed, added a stereo, and (for whatever reason) moved the shifter from the column to the floor.

I agree about the seats. I've also been looking at the bumpers that one of the Bronco Brothers has been machining on this site.

I'm really looking for a reliable weekend driver, and not a project; I spend a great deal of time out to sea and want something to play with when I get home from months away. We'll use it as a beach cruiser and occasional trips out to Everglades and mud bogs.

Am I crazy to be considering this?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
the thing that stuck out to me was the dents in the oil pan. looks like has bottomed out a couple times then painted over? rear mounted shocks and back up lamps? Not 66 stuff....not that it can't be changed but i'd have someone take a look in person

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I see a '66 grill and core support, and one '66 knob on the dash and that's about it. Everything else appears to be from a later model truck (inner fender on driver's side for power steering, etc.).

Step 1: Remove that air filter and install another one. Those foam ones have a nasty habit of catching fire with one good backfire through the carb.

Be prepared to spend some time and $$ sorting it out to your tastes and preferences.

Make sure modifications and changes have been done properly and the vehicle is safe to drive. We can argue all day about whether we like a certain style of seat, but it they're installed with sheet metal screws, we can all agree that's unsafe.

Todd Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.