• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Don't Shoot me!..Please! ;>)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
a few people have done it here. some had good luck others have had nothing but problems. personnally I'd rather run a stock ford efi setup if i was to run EFI.

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
Ya, I will do the ford deal...I kinda wanted to see the response for kicks!%);D

..like I said I did it on my Jeep and never had an issue.

I gotta start shopping for parts now!;D

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
the howell efi is pretty neat, but personally i will stick with the ford efi. have most of the parts just gotta get it done.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Use Ford EFI. Don't even think about some other unless you are building an odd ball engine, but as long as it is a 302 or 351 use the Ford stuff.

Parts are easier to get. Especially when you are on the road. Most of it can be bought on ebay for next to nothing. I bought my entire system on ebay and had it shipped for $90. That was the manifolds, throttle body, harness, distributor, and all sensors. I put it together and it fired right up. Had a bad engine temp sensor and a bad idle air valve.

I pulled an eldebrock torqer (the old single plane high rise) and nearly new holley carb off and sold both for $300. By the time a bought fuel pumps and got everything put together I bet I spent less than $100 over the $300 I got from parts.

If you wait and look for a while you will find a deal.

Oatmeal

Nothing wrong with the Howell GM TBI system......thousands of Chevys out there running them with no problems. You can source the throttle body, computer, sensors, pump(s)...... from a wrecking yard and just get the wiring harness from Howell, Affordable EFI http://www.affordable-fuel-injection.com/ or Turbo City. If you have any engine mods, let them know and they can burn a custom prom for you. I have all the parts to do mine......I'll finish it one of these days. And if you are considering a Howell system, why not just buy from them directly?.......you'd proably save some money. What I like about that system, is that if you ever had major issues with it, you could unbolt the throttle body and adapter and put a carb back on (did that with my POS Pro-Jection:mad: and ran a Q-jet afterwards)-------Hans

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Like others have said, If there is ever an issue out on the trail, someone in the Bronco group will have the knowledge and or spares to take care of it. That's the best reason to stick with the factory EFI system. Cause out on the trail, AAA isn't always an option.
Mark

OP
OP
matt w

matt w

Bronco Guru
Like others have said, If there is ever an issue out on the trail, someone in the Bronco group will have the knowledge and or spares to take care of it. That's the best reason to stick with the factory EFI system. Cause out on the trail, AAA isn't always an option.
Mark

Yep I hear ya...I think it was me just wackin the hornets nest for fun!;D