• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

door hinge pins

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
can you replace the pins without taking the doors off? Mine hinge bolts are rusted on and doors are sagging.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I suppose that you might be able to, but I sure wouldn't want to try and do it. My hinge pins were a B*#&% to get out. It took a lot of heat, a large hammer, and a punch to remove them. I wouldn't try to do it while still on the door.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
The hinge pins have little serrations on them and they are pressed into the hinge. You have to be able to strike them almost perfectly straight to get them to budge IN MOST CASES. That said you might be able to soak them for several days with Blaster and then come in straight from the top with a punch and get them out but I highly doubt you'll have much success. It's worth a shot but don't hold your breath.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I took mine out once years ago and drilled them out, but I would not recommend it now. You will scratch the paint and it is a lot harder than taking off the door.