• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

door hinge pins?

70bronc

Loc.
st. peters, MO
i am a fairly new eb owner... but i can tell you i am already tired of taking the doors off by having to unbolt the hinges... i am assuming there are afterarket pins that fit into the hinges. can anybody help me out on this one...do they exist? where to get them? cost?

thanks

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Do some searches on the web. I know the stainless set from Toms is over $200. I think that there is also a tech article on modifying the stock hinges to be removable. Either way, they are good investment I.M.O.P.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I have Sam's Lift Off Hinges from Wild Child Linky . They rock and are well priced. (shameless plug fer WC) Sam is a great vendor I also got thier Dual Battery Tray {yay! Mass Buys rule!}

I know Wild Horses has some SS lift off hinges, but they are pricey.

If you don't want to even bother with doors, i guess you can jump to some inserts and trash doors all together...

OP
OP
70bronc

70bronc

Loc.
st. peters, MO
yea... i like the inserts ok.. but i am also partial to my hard doors... you said you can rig them huh..in the tech guide? if anyone has an idea on how to rig up pins let me know... especially if you have gotten those idea to work!

MountainGuy

Loc.
Athens, Georgia
Dude, definately check out the tech article.......this article

i did this to mine and love it. The only thing i recommend is buying new pins and rplacing your old ones just for durability, age, etc.
And you can get just pins for like $22.00....hope this works

tcjones76

Loc.
Tyngsboro, Ma
I saw a guy that removed the stock pins and placed them with a safety snap pin with a squared-retainer. The snap pins just unclip and pull out to remove the door.

(see McMaster-Carr and search for part number #98416A013 for zinc-plated, 98480A13 for stainless)