• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door Post install- doing more staring than installing

CT.boy

Loc.
Southern Connecticut
Hey guys, I just installed passenger floor and inner rocker which went pretty smoothly. I am know ready for the kick panel / door post which seems to be taking a while to get straight.

A thread from a couple of weeks back on the subject got me to wondering if my original door post was rotted to the point that my measurements are not correct. (as compared to how it came from the factory). My Bronco currently has inserts installed because the post is so bad.

Anyway, if anyone has any measurements that I can compare mine to I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Dave

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
I know one thing, you dont want the measurements from my crooked ass Bronco.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I will e-mail you some so keep your eye opened for them. Remember this, broncos are not Hondas and can be off from side to side and from Bronco to Bronco. These will be very close, they are from a never rusted never repaired tub. On the way

Shubyjames

Loc.
Tunkhannock, PA
When 2Bad gives you those dimensions don’t overlook the cowl. It is easy to get side tracked with door gaps and overlook where the cowl panel is going. It just happened to another guy who wrote in. Great door gaps, but now his hood sticks forward a half-inch. :mad: Last I heard he was a pretty unhappy camper. :( :(

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I just sent the measurements. If you have any questions at all you can e-mail me and I'll measure anything you need. Blue71 also has some measurements that we did together over the phone. He will help you also. Good luck with it.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
CT.boy,

Just got back in town. Hope you got 2Bad's measurements he sent. If I can help..let me know. I took some different measurementnts after 2Bad helped me get mine lined up. I did have a door frame / windshield frame gap and it was due to the front cowl and dash area sagging from old rust. Doors shut great now. After I figured out where it was all supposed to go. Let me know.

Blue71