• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

door sag

Boatsw

Loc.
East Texas
My drivers side door sags, like it needs a shim. I have seen kits are these what is needed? any ideas on which is best? ant the big one, How do you get the pin out? BFH and punch...<br>TIA<br>Scott

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
I ended up making my own shims. Made a template from the hinge cut them with slots instead of holes to make it easier. Just loosen the bolts until you can get a shim behind the hinge. You'll need a jack to take the weight of the door to put them in the bottom hinge.<br> I wouldn't try to get the pin out of the hinge unless you are going to rebuild them anyway. If you are going to rebuild them get a kit. Cut the head off and drill them to the size of the bushing in the kit.<br>Good luck<br>ken<br>

72Sport

Bronco Guru
If you end up taking the hinges off you might consider drilling a small hole in the center of part hinge that the pin rotates in for lubrication. I drilled one big enough that I can shoot some grease in it with my u-joint needle when the door is wide open.