• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Doubler guys, post up please

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
I've got a HPD60 and a 10.25 with 4.88 and 42 Iroks. I'm thinking of moving the front axle forward...while leaving the rear in the stock location for now. I'm also running a np435/205...are any of you guys running a doubler kit in a stock wheel base EB? I plan to 4 link the rear next year...but wondering about giving up the space with a doubler and short rear shaft to the 10.25??? lemme know what yall did, thanks-Chuck

sceep

we're runin a 5.0/c6/klune/205 combo on d44/d60/38's/92"wb

rear shaft is pretty short but it works fine with coils and radius arms at all 4 corners.

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I've got a HPD60 and a 10.25 with 4.88 and 42 Iroks. I'm thinking of moving the front axle forward...while leaving the rear in the stock location for now. I'm also running a np435/205...are any of you guys running a doubler kit in a stock wheel base EB? I plan to 4 link the rear next year...but wondering about giving up the space with a doubler and short rear shaft to the 10.25??? lemme know what yall did, thanks-Chuck

I'm running an NP435 with the WH 203 super crawler and the WH heavy duty output shaft on the D20, so I am a couple of inches longer than stock on the drive train. I've got a stock wheel base and had to have both drive shafts resized and have had no problems at all with the angles (3.5 inch suspension lift). It flexes well on the ramp and does great on the trails. I got to try out the doubler for the first time at the LEBC Roundup last weekend and I loved it!

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
thanks...I guess I forgot to post my lift, cuz it could matter...and mine too is a 3.5 lift...I removed the 2" body lift. And if yall are wondering...I've dove-tailed it front(14") and rear(20") to make room for the Iroks

BroncoBoy72

Loc.
Marana Arizona
Look at the Jeds Machining kit he has an adapter that allows the np203 range box to take the place of the 7in or so adapter. That way your rear d-shaft isnt too short. Shortest one and cheapest on the market I think.. Good luck

Jonathan

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Chuck check out my build thread in my sig. line.

I have the 351w,C6,203/205 doubler, I ended up with a 14 bolt rear because of the length and a D60 up front. My rear DS measures 22 1/2" long from enter of the yoke to the center of the CV yoke. I have 5 1/2" of lift and run big Bronco DS that had been cut down. The rear slip is a 1350 spicer yoke to match up with the GM 14 bolt and the CV has 1330 joints in it. I used a rear spring perch from Barns 4x4 that has a 1" offset centering pin to relocate my rear 1" back. The front shaft is a one ton DS from the 88" donor truck, it also has the 1330 CV and the axle end is a 1330. Both CV's have been clearance for more angle and I had to put a limiting strap on the front to keep from binding the CV at full droop. The front axle is also pushed 1" forward with the Cage mounts and had to have the front shaft shorted. The motor, tranny and t-cases are tilted down a little to eliminate some of the rear DS angle.

Hope this helps, any more questions let me know. I would be glad to help, sorry I still don't have all the pics of my ton swap on the build thread. I was trying to get it finished for Howiepalooza last weekend. I just made it and haven't taken time to post the rest of my pics.

David

bludorbronc

I have 435,203 and20. over all length increased 5/8'. used ford 203 case, shifters on drivers side tunnel. a freind has c4,203 and 20, over all length increase 1 1/4 length. shifters on driver side tunnel.