• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Driving Lights

Levisbronco

Loc.
Eugene, Oregon
I was wondering what you guys were using for driving lights? What brand/series do you like? Who has the best price? What kind of setup you guys have? If you could send pics that would be sweet! Thanks Levi ;D

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
For standard driving use Cibie E-Code 7" Headlights with 80/100 watt H4 bulbs. For auxilary driving lights Cibie Oscar's (pencil beams). They will lay a "hot spot" 2 miles down the road ... amazing.

This setup will set forests on fire at night.

KST1

ASE-73,

Do you have a good on-line source for the Cibie E-Code 7" Headlights?

-D

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
No doubt the H-4s kick a$$ but to be street legal you need a 55w low beam. The 55/100 H-4 is more versatile.

Krawln68

Loc.
Newark, CA
Still need to upgrade my headlights, but i got some Warn SDb 160's. They are a driving lights that can be switched from regular to pencil.

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
[quote author=KST1 link=board=5;threadid=14895;start=0#msg112634 date=1046966796]
ASE-73,

Do you have a good on-line source for the Cibie E-Code 7" Headlights?

-D
[/quote]

Here is the link. $105 per pair. Hard to find given they are illegal in the states (not DOT approved). The beam pattern is awesome ... not like the DOT pattern that lays an amorophous blob of light on the road 30 pathetic feet ahead of the vehicle.

Check out the E-Code beam pattern ... even more impressive with standard white 80/100 Watt or 90/130 Watt H4 bulbs.

http://www.cibielights.com/headlamps/headlamps.htm

Order P/N 13-05065-01 ... best money you will ever spend.

Also, you can order standard high (80-130) Watt halogen bulbs from ...

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/standard_bulbs.asp

Do not buy the tinted halogen bulbs that claim higher output ... total marketing BS and not worth 3-6 times the price of standard halogens.

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
[quote author=Skuzzlebutt link=board=5;threadid=14895;start=0#msg112866 date=1047024479]
No doubt the H-4s kick a$$ but to be street legal you need a 55w low beam. The 55/100 H-4 is more versatile.
[/quote]

With High Intensity Discharge Systems being more predominant, 100 watt Halogens are not a problem in terms of being "busted". I have run 100 watt H1, H2, H7 and H4's in all of my vehicles for years and have never been questioned.

"Sorry officer ... my mechanic is a moron ... I'll change them as soon as I get to an auto parts store ... promise".