• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Drove Captain Crunch for the first time since 05!

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Got the Bronco running great today (thanks to the Tech section for all the help) and drove it for the first time since OCT of 05! Couldn't be happier. Here is the youtube vid and some pics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_bLKK86bj8
Sorry for the pic quality
Bronco1.png

Bronco2.png

Bronco4.png

Bronco3.png

Bronco5.png

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Thanks for all the nice comments, yes the dash is a single sheet of zebra wood vineer (the grain lines up all the way across the dash). Its not 100% done, but we're getting close.

br0nc0xrapt0r hopefully I won't be there, but there is a chance. I should be PCSing in May.

Here are some more pictures of the Bronco
This first picture is more of just an idea of how the grain looks. Its been reconfigured several times to get the fit and finish perfect.
IMG_0050-2.jpg

IMG_0051-2.jpg

IMG_0052-1.jpg

Steering wheel out of a 97 Explorer (switches functional, just need a new fiberglass cover for the blown airbag)
IMG_0049-3.jpg

IMG_0049-1.jpg

Home made LED tails
IMG_0051.jpg

Chopped stock air cleaner with a K&N
BroncoCOB17048.jpg

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
Got any more pics and details of the dash? I'm going to have to build around the Explorer column too.. Looks pretty good...

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Got any more pics and details of the dash? I'm going to have to build around the Explorer column too.. Looks pretty good...

I'll look thru my pics to see if Ive got any for you. It was fairly simple, worst part was integrating the expo switches into the wiring harness. I made a mount for it using some mid gauge c channel and bolted it up to the stock location. I'm using the same shaft the expo uses too but I had to get a coupler from borgeson to make it match up to the splines on my PS box. Definitely suggest it. If you're using one with a deployed bag, UPR has a fiberglas cover for them. Let me know if you've got questions.

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
I'll look thru my pics to see if Ive got any for you. It was fairly simple, worst part was integrating the expo switches into the wiring harness. I made a mount for it using some mid gauge c channel and bolted it up to the stock location. I'm using the same shaft the expo uses too but I had to get a coupler from borgeson to make it match up to the splines on my PS box. Definitely suggest it. If you're using one with a deployed bag, UPR has a fiberglas cover for them. Let me know if you've got questions.

Excellent.. I've got everything mounted and wired, but I'd love to see what you've got for a coupler and the overall design of the dash.. I wanted to keep the orriginal, but the column shroud just doesnt fit it well.. Still up in the air a bit. Anything you've got would be helpfull..
Thanks!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Awesome brother.. What a great feeling huh.. Congrats!