• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff long arms, and track bar riser, etc...

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Going to be installing some Duff long arms and Duff track bar riser, as well as a Duff adjustable track bar, Duff coils and Duff HD coil cups.
Yup I'm a Duff guy, lol...

Duff provided their typical great instruction sheet, Thank you Duffs, but I am looking for that insight that only my eb brothers at classicbroncos.com can provide, lol....

Only thing I have any trepidations over are the long arms and track bar riser things....

1) Removing the oem radius arm mounts.
2) Removing the oem lower track bar bolt/stud.

I figure the rest is easy, right?, lol,haha

Any tips from you fellers?
So lucky to have you guys to glean from.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
No responses?

Ok...Its cool...I am tired...I will check back in tomorrow after the night owls have had a look.

Thank you in advance.

And as always thank you fellers for all your help in years past.

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'm tired too so rather than type out a ton, if you want to skim through my build thread STARTING HERE you can see where I began the install of my duff arms through the next few pages. after a while jump to THIS PAGE to get to the point where I finally get it all installed.

similar set up, though I made my own adjustable track bar riser and coil cups for a better fit.

One tip I will say now is don't go by just the measurement from the old radius arm brackets for setting up the new brackets... my factory holes were off and one bracket was farther back than the other.(Friday Bronco??:p;D)
I took measurements from the rear axle and spring hangers instead. also stuck a round bar across through all four pivot holes of the new radius brackets to double check that they were inline.

feel free to hit me up with any questions.

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I'm tired too so rather than type out a ton, if you want to skim through my build thread STARTING HERE you can see where I began the install of my duff arms through the next few pages. after a while jump to THIS PAGE to get to the point where I finally get it all installed.

similar set up, though I made my own adjustable track bar riser and coil cups for a better fit.

One tip I will say now is don't go by just the measurement from the old radius arm brackets for setting up the new brackets... my factory holes were off and one bracket was farther back than the other.(Friday Bronco??:p;D)
I took measurements from the rear axle and spring hangers instead. also stuck a round bar across through all four pivot holes of the new radius brackets to double check that they were inline.

feel free to hit me up with any questions.

Thank you Migs those two links are an excellent place to start. I really appreciate it Boss!

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Gloves 6" cut off wheels and a 4" grinder (yes your gonna take off the guard, SAFETY glasses....you can have all that cut off in a hour.

This is when you need a friend with a plasma cutter but all you've gotta cut are the welds, cut wheel will knock em right off, w/o getting into the frame.

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Coolness.

Don't mind some grinding. Its kind of cathartic.
Lol...

What about the lower track bar stud?
Duffs instructions say something about welding the lower bracket "back on" to the axle housing.
It is as if they are saying that to get the lower stud off you have to remove the stock lower bracket. Hoping I can get around removing that whole lower mount.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
no you only have to get the stock stud out, then youll have a hole for their big bracket bolt to go into, then weld everywhere you can on the old bracket and axle. Put the bold in from the front and the nut inside the stock bracket!

If I remember correctly that stud is only welded at the top of the stock bracket if you grind there and cut it off in the front, I think I used a piece of pipe and a BFH and popped the bolt head outa there.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
If I did this again id only use the new bolt to position the bracket weld it remove new bolt and weld around the hole for added clearance of ram assist,which Im about to do tonight!

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Good stuff Nyles!

Thank you so much Sir.

See this is the kind of insight I was talking about.

Gawd I love this bar.

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Well that lower track bar stud was a real bitch to get out. Chisels, BFH, pneumatic chisels, more BFH....haha
Took a few hours, but it is done!

I forecast that being one of the harder parts and I am now passed it, whew!....

Thank you all sooooo much.

I take on stuff I would not otherwise attempt on the eb now; having you fellas as a resource is one of my most empowering assets of recent memory, lol.
The way we exchange knowledge here at CB without being assholes is a thing of beauty.

Not to get all mushy....
But .....I love you guys!
You educate me, there is no greater gift.
You have taught me to fish.

Thank you.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Hey don't weld that hole, if you even add ram assist it a great place to bolt the ram.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Pics please bnut73 those long arms are on my list too! Good luck with the fab/assembly.

OP
OP
bronconut73

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Pics please bnut73 those long arms are on my list too! Good luck with the fab/assembly.

Haven't done the long arms yet but should start tomorrow.
I will post photos.

So far the riser has been the hardest.

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
I would suggest to put your arms on the axle and level them before u slide the axle back under.... Easier that way I think....

OsideDave

I would suggest to put your arms on the axle and level them before u slide the axle back under.... Easier that way I think....

Just don't do what I did - put the arms on and finally get everything level which can take a few tries then realize the arms won't squeeze past the jack stands unless the C-bushing bolts are super loose%)