• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff Long Arms on a 2inch sus. lift

Miker

Bronco Guru
I havea a used set of of Duff's long arms that are in great shape. I'm planning on a 2 1/2 sus. lift with a 1 inch bl.
My question(s):
1. I know these "might" be overkill for just a 2 1/2 sus. lift but I have heard so many on here talk about BOTH trail and road ride with these things. Will my rig be lifted enough to not have to worry about clearance issues?
2. What degree bushings would I use?
3. I was going to have my knuckles cut and clocked before I started thinking about using the long arms. If I do use them, is there still a reason to have my knuckles clocked?

Thanks!!

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I have two Bronco's with the long arms. One with a 3.5" lift and one with a 2.5" lift. Both also have a 2" body lift.
You will be fine with the long arms. There are no clearance issues. If you are going to stay with the 2.5" lift then I would not bother turning the knuckles.
If you had a 3.5" lift I would still turn them to get a better pinion angle. I will be turning mine on my 3.5" lifted Bronco soon.

You will want to run the stock bushings or maybe even a 2 degree backwards. I have a 4 degree on my 3.5" lifted Bronco and it is to much. I should have went with a 2 degree.

Hope this helps.

The extra castor you get with the long arms should make it drive even better.

01Dudley

Loc.
Knoxville
I have two Bronco's with the long arms. One with a 3.5" lift and one with a 2.5" lift. Both also have a 2" body lift.
You will be fine with the long arms. There are no clearance issues. If you are going to stay with the 2.5" lift then I would not bother turning the knuckles.
If you had a 3.5" lift I would still turn them to get a better pinion angle. I will be turning mine on my 3.5" lifted Bronco soon.

You will want to run the stock bushings or maybe even a 2 degree backwards. I have a 4 degree on my 3.5" lifted Bronco and it is to much. I should have went with a 2 degree.

Hope this helps.

The extra castor you get with the long arms should make it drive even better.

X2. Perfectly answered JohnJohn. I will send you a cookie and thanks for the support.