• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duffs Extended Radius Arm Question

andeez

Loc.
leon junction, texas
I Have A Set Of The Duffs Extended Radius Arms. Very Nice And Well Built. They Almost Look To Nice To Install. The Question I Have Is The Driver Side Spring Cup. If I Install It Where The Spring End Is In The Indent For The Spring, The Cup Will Not Sit Flat On Top Of The Axle Clamp. It Looks To Be 180 Out. Anyone Else Using These Arms Run Into This. What Was The Fix? I Have New Cups But Not Sure What Is Going On.

Attachments

• DSC01810A.JPG
    DSC01810A.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 98

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I don't have a set of Jim's arms to look at here but looking at mine the cup is positioned correctly. I think the end of the arm itself may be on the wrong side. Does the other side have a relief in this area?

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My CAGE arms do the same thing...there's only one way to bolt them up when you consider the tapped hole for the lower spring cup. Both driver and passenger side brackets are identical. It's not an issue on the passenger side since the spring is rotated 180 so that it ties into the top bucket properly on the outside. I'm planning on modifying the lower spring cup so that everything sits the way I want.

It may not matter, buy mine are the billet brackets that CAGE machined for a limited time when they were having issues with manufacturing their cast versions. I'm not familiar with the cast ones.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
My Cage arms do the same thing. Kind of a design flaw I think. I took a grinder to top of the bracket to make the spring cup sit a little more level. It's still not flat, but tolerable.

HAIRRAZOR

Loc.
Marysville, WA.
I welded a circular 1/4" plate to the bottom of both spring cups to fix this and beef it up a little, my last pair were slightly bent over the years of use.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
HAIRRAZOR said:
I welded a circular 1/4" plate to the bottom of both spring cups to fix this and beef it up a little, my last pair were slightly bent over the years of use.

Great idea! Thanks, I think that I do that as well.

OP
OP
A

andeez

Loc.
leon junction, texas
Duffs Answer To Question

Duffs Tech Rep Called Me Back Today After Emailing Pics Of Issue. He Looked At The Two Eb's They Run And Said To Just Tighten Down All The Way. That Is What They Did And It Is Working For Them. I Appreciate The Return Call And Info But Was Hoping That They Would Resolve The Issue In A Better Manner. But For Now I Will Do As They Say.