• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

duffy 4 core

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I put in a duffy 4core radiator 3 yrs ago with new 351. It is starting to leak on the edge where the sides attatch. There was a post a while back about the duffy radiators sucking. Should I fix it or has it passed it's life expectancy?

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
::) ::) ::) Take it to a good rad shop and have it fixed and next time man your in Ca. just have one made at that shop less than getting one from a after markit I had them build them for me the last one was 3 row cross flow was 180.00 good luck. ;D ;D ;D Bill 8) ::) :p

desertrat302

Loc.
Tucson,Az
If it's still cooling the 351 adequately,and the only problem is a leak,just get it fixed.<br>I used to work at a radiator shop.Make sure the shop you choose pulls both tanks and rebrazes them.Get it hot tanked and rodded out while you're at it.If they offer to just fix your pinhole leak with a spot fix,walk away.Good shops will refuse to do that,and with good reason.If you spring another leak a month from now 3 inches from the hole you just had fixed,you're gonna be pissed,and rightfully so.<br>Lots of people have had good luck with Duff rads,they should last a lot longer than 3 years,and I think a pinhole leak is really no big deal,not worth buying a new rad over.<br>FWIW,I think Chuck's rad is the best available for EBs,but thats just my opinion.Dont have one yet,but when the time comes thats what Im going with.<br>Good luck,HTH,Rat

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Mine didn't last to long in this salty enviroment (4 yrs). I got it recored locally which was cheaper than buying a new one with shipping.

Morpheus

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
That's about how long my Dyffy's lasted. Had it repaired 3 times. Finally just gave up on it. Didn't want to have to worry about it in the AZ heat. Bought a WH this time. So far, so good.

OP
OP
S

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
that's what I'm worried about. I don't want this to be a constant problem to deal with being on the wifes dd. I knew some guys had problems with them.