• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dynacorn Top kit fit problem

OB71Sport

Contributor
Hi Everyone,

I posted lasted week but realize now it was way too wordy. So I will try an abbreviated version. I have 71 Sport I bought a new Dynacorn full top kit for. Problem I am having is when top is sitting flat on the sides I have 1" plus gap at the windshield. The new side panels measure approximately 20.3 inches from the bed rail to the top at the back and 20.9" inches at the door. This puts the roof on a slope. Is this the normal heights for the factory side panels? Also my liftgate opening comes to almost a right angle. (It doesnt have the 45 degree chamfer normally used on the 69 and up. ) Is this gusset just a flat piece of sheet metal welded in front, behind or in line with the flange/lip of the sides and the top? To be clear, I am referring to the lip the liftgate gasket is bonded to. Thanks in advance.
Oscar