• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco One Man Tub Swap

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow! I may end up atempting to do the same, but it would not be my first choice. Very well done!

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
That's using your noggin. Though I believe if I tried that with my tub it would wad up like a beer can...time for some tubing...

weasel

Loc.
Norfolk
I might off been crazy when I removed my body off the bronco. I had 2 bronco and was swapping the bodies. The 74 was pretty rotten and I had a 68 that was solid. Swapped the 68 on to the 74 frame. I just removed the tops, doors, hood, front fenders and the tail gate and used a cherry picker with a chain through the driver side to the seat belt mount for the front seats. What a balancing act that was. Just rolled the frames out from under the body and set the body on two saw horses so I could clean the 74 frame up. It sure was not the brightest way to do it and not the safes. The 68 body was hit in the front passenger side quarter panel before the swap; that is probably why the doors don't seal against the top well and the passenger side of the tail gate will unlatch when I hit a bump, or I tweaked the body when doing the swap. I sure didn't know what I was doing back then. This was way before I new your suppose to weld in a bunch of supports to keep the body straight. I sure was an idiot.

slcpunk

Loc.
The WB, UTAH
I used an hf electric shop hoist chained to our carport roof support(like 4' heavy wall tube) it worked good I have pics I just need to get them off the cam and I will post them up.

slcpunk

Loc.
The WB, UTAH
here is the setup I used

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00861.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
Nice, my body swap consisted of me, lots of 2x6's, a chainsaw and a big tree (don't ask), four bottle jacks and a whole lot of luck that i didn't die alone out in the barn.