• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco Prerunner Fenders mass buy

lavige

Loc.
Scranton. PA
I emailed a cmpany on ebay about making Pre-Runner fenders for an early Bronco. He said if I could get 5 buyers at $300 he would make them. so let me know if anyone is interested in them.

thanks
Bill

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I've moved this to the Bronco Chat forum. If there's enough interest and it goes forward then we'll make it an official Mas Buy and move it into that forum.

Thanks!

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Ok the obvious here... what would they look like? I have seen some that look good and others that look like poop;D

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
I'll throw my .02 in....the WCB prerunner fenders are VERY high quality and don't cost much more than what you have quoted....This is a known product from a supportive Bronco vendor.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I'll throw my .02 in....the WCB prerunner fenders are VERY high quality and don't cost much more than what you have quoted....This is a known product from a supportive Bronco vendor.

sorry gonna have to agree saw em in person they look great.

OP
OP
L

lavige

Loc.
Scranton. PA

Alright, never mind. I can't afford them at this time anyways. just wanted to see if anyone would want them. I just found a guy on ebay that sells them for other trucks and thought I would give it a shot and see if he made them.

But I'm not sure where you got the price for WCB fenders but they are a $150 more than the price I got.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Try arranging a mass buy with WCB then....my point being that the guy you are trying to work through probably doesn't even have a mold made yet. You would have no idea what they would look like (compare the RockyRoads prerunner fender to the WCB fenders and you'll see what I mean) or how long it would take for this guy to tool up the fenders. WCB has a ready made product, and at $450 for the pair, they are a great deal.

I've got the WCB fenders and it's a top notch product. To me $150 more for a guaranteed top notch product is cheap insurance.

I guess I like the vendors we have to be strong and prosperous so they are here a long time rather than sending my money to someone who really could give a rats ass about Broncos.

Dan76

Try arranging a mass buy with WCB then....my point being that the guy you are trying to work through probably doesn't even have a mold made yet. You would have no idea what they would look like (compare the RockyRoads prerunner fender to the WCB fenders and you'll see what I mean) or how long it would take for this guy to tool up the fenders. WCB has a ready made product, and at $450 for the pair, they are a great deal.

I've got the WCB fenders and it's a top notch product. To me $150 more for a guaranteed top notch product is cheap insurance.

I guess I like the vendors we have to be strong and prosperous so they are here a long time rather than sending my money to someone who really could give a rats ass about Broncos.

I really dont think the original poster was trying to step on any toes by encouraging this buy. Thanks anyway lavige was a good idea but I think most of us already have loyalties to our "dealers" :p

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
I didn't think that he was.....he might not have even known about the WCB fenders or the RR for that matter....I know it took me a few years before I found out about them.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
For the record we don't feel like our toes are stepped on at all. As Bronco enthusiasts we're all lucky enough to have many options to choose from when selecting parts, vendors, etc., and we encourage everyone to explore all their options when deciding how and where to spend their hard-earned cabbage.

Our fenders aren't cheap. I'm sure somebody out there can whip something out cheaper, but quality and price go hand in hand. That said, we might be interested in offering a group discount on them if someone wanted to do the legwork on it. And just to head off the questions beforehand (that means you Scott :D) no we don't have the matching rear quarters yet and can't make any promises about when they might be done.

Thanks everyone who mentioned WCB! Checks are in the mail...

Dusty

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
For the record we don't feel like our toes are stepped on at all. As Bronco enthusiasts we're all lucky enough to have many options to choose from when selecting parts, vendors, etc., and we encourage everyone to explore all their options when deciding how and where to spend their hard-earned cabbage.

Our fenders aren't cheap. I'm sure somebody out there can whip something out cheaper, but quality and price go hand in hand. That said, we might be interested in offering a group discount on them if someone wanted to do the legwork on it. And just to head off the questions beforehand (that means you Scott :D) no we don't have the matching rear quarters yet and can't make any promises about when they might be done.

Thanks everyone who mentioned WCB! Checks are in the mail...

Dusty

Always the politician.....
Hurry up with the rear quarters so we can have a "4 corner" mass buy. Make sure they will accomodate full width axles also.... dammit. Need to get some meat on the 'cow. Currently with it's length it looks like a skinny crack ho. (Applologies sent to any working class women with unfortunate addictions who might read this post) sorry have to cover my better interests.

Indybronco

Loc.
Twentynine Palms, CA
I am a fan of the WCB fenders. I stopped by WCB last month and got the shop tour from Dusty. I was very impressed with their fenders. Well made, durable and have an excellent fit. And they look cool as hell.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Always the politician.....
Hurry up with the rear quarters so we can have a "4 corner" mass buy. Make sure they will accomodate full width axles also.... dammit. Need to get some meat on the 'cow. Currently with it's length it looks like a skinny crack ho. (Applologies sent to any working class women with unfortunate addictions who might read this post) sorry have to cover my better interests.

Sure would like to see some new pics of that skinny crack ho or would that have to be on the perv forum? ;D ;D

BALCH-Autoworx

Subscribing, just in case the 4 corner mass buy comes along, even though I can't afford it right now.

OP
OP
L

lavige

Loc.
Scranton. PA
I never thought I would get this much crap for posting a thread. Thanks for being so arrogant about it. Sorry, I never knew anyone made them still. I'll move on so please delete this thread and have a Merry Christmas.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
I never thought I would get this much crap for posting a thread. Thanks for being so arrogant about it. Sorry, I never knew anyone made them still. I'll move on so please delete this thread and have a Merry Christmas.

I figured you might not know about the WCB fenders...that's why I mentioned them.

I looked back through this thread and I can't figure out where you are getting "arrogance" or people giving you crap. Most people on this site appreciate various options & actual feedback on those parts that are available....I know I do.

Sounds like WCB might be interested in a mass buy based on Dusty's post if you do the footwork.

Maybe try contacting him to see what might be arranged if you're still interested.