• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Ford Bronco Body & Interior Assembly Manual

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
How many people have bought this book (Early Ford Bronco Body & Interior Assembly Manual part number 6713)? I bought it from Tom's Bronco parts, and though it does have good information, every single page has in large text the publisher's name, in lighter text in the background. It really, really distracts you when viewing a page. I think it totally sucks and if I had known it was printed this way I would not have bought the book. I think that this should be disclosed by the seller.

Buyer beware that the book has good assembly information but I guess the publisher is so afraid someone is going to share a picture they have printed their name on every single page. It ruins the book in my opinion.

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
X2, I bought the same book from Jeff's and it is the same way, very dissapointing. Same here, I never would have bought it if I had seen it first.

cldonley

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
I have the same book. Works great, doesn't bother me at all. I'll try posting up a pic later. Unfortunately, the folks who do these kinds of projects have to protect their investment this way just to keep folks honest.

OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I guess legally he can't post a pic of a page. Everyone sees things differently. The 'water mark' to me is very distracting as I am trying to see the lines in the picture that matter.
I did email Tom's Bronco parts and they replied they were surprised I didn't like the book, but if it were in like new condition they would take it back as store credit. That is very nice of them. I am not sure mine is in like new condition, though I have had it very short time and don't think I messed it up. Actually, I tried using it when I was recovering my seats and was so pissed at the pics I stopped using it. Maybe it's just me, but when I pay for information, I want the information in a clear, concise format. Think of all the books you purchase. Think of your text books in school. Would be crazy to have distracting text in the background of every page. Will have to look it over and I might send it back.

OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Wild Horses ad at least gives you one page from the inside so you know more about what you are purchasing. Look at their ad and see what you think. To me there is too much of the water mark on the page. All pages look the same. Depending on the page, the water mark can end up being behind some details you are concentrating on.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/produc...bly_Manual_6670yr/christmasgiftoffroadunder50

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Wild Horses ad at least gives you one page from the inside so you know more about what you are purchasing. Look at their ad and see what you think. To me there is too much of the water mark on the page. All pages look the same. Depending on the page, the water mark can end up being behind some details you are concentrating on.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/produc...bly_Manual_6670yr/christmasgiftoffroadunder50

I appreciate their honesty in showing it, it helps to make an informed decision on buying it or not.
I would probably not buy it because of the watermark obscuring information.
I would be disappointed with buying it from any other vendor not showing that.

OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Yeah, for me the water mark is silly. When I got the book I was like "What do they think they are printing, Some kind of top secret drawings?". It's a 40 or 50 year old truck. I own old Caterpillar crawlers from the 40's and as a hobby I restore them. Caterpillar printed extremely detailed parts books back in the day, with exacting drawings off all assemblies. I have several of the old books. No where in the book is a water mark. You bought the information and they provided it in a clear manner. Then I get this thing that is what I think is a reprint of Ford information and every page is polluted. I'll stop ranting. I said my piece. But it isn't worth wasting the shipping cost sending mine back. Shipping just eats into the little store credit I'd be getting. Just have to write this one off. Just thought I would post to warn other potential buyers as to what they were actually buying.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have an older copy of that book and although I remember Osborn's name in the book, I don't recall it being distracting when viewing the pictures. I'll have to go back and look at it again and see if mine is like that or not.....

Todd Z.

OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Ha, I guess no. I'm out $29 plus shipping. Seems it makes more sense for you to buy from a vendor. I can get a store credit if I ship it back, but I have to pay shipping to do that. I'll keep it, but wouldn't have bought it knowing what I know now. It does have the info, so not a total loss. Just crap product in my opinion. Like they say, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The watermark is funny because it's a direct copy off a Ford published document....