• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Eaton, Detroit locker bad from the factory

Bronco_Rider

Loc.
Brentwood, Ca
I purchased a NEW Detroit locker Part # 187 SL 17 B and installed it my 71 early bronco. On the first test I was in an orchard on soft soil. I leaned on the throttle and the pass side tire would spin and the driver side would not drive. It gave out a clicking noise. I went through a few more maneuvers and got the drivers side to spin on several occasions. The bronco was taken to the pavement and when you stood on the gas, you would change lanes. Vehicle has been parked and not safe to drive.
This locker has been in my shelf for several years and just installed it March 30.
Locker is new and does not function properly. This is the 9th locker I have installed in my personal vehicles over the years and never have had an issue with them until now.

Any one else had issues with a new locker?
I will advise if Eaton will stand behind their product or turn their backs on It.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I bet they'll honor it. It would be warranted against manufacturer defects and this certainly is one so I bet you're covered. Good luck and keep us posted.

By the way, I had my Detroit for a year or so before I installed it too. I bet that is pretty common.