• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

UT Ebay, not mine, any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
Looks like a nice Bronco and the Seller seems to be very straight forward about the Bronco. The Seller has a very low feedback rating.

Wakewheelin

looks like it is missing the oil cap in the engine pictures. Hope it isn't getting a bunch of dirt sucked in the valve cover.

OP
OP
ace1204

ace1204

Loc.
Atlanta
These were his answers to the questions I sent him
1.How long have you owned it? I have owned it for a 6 months

2. Why are you selling it? I am selling it to restore a 67 firebird

3. What are the known problems with it? The issues are that it could use a twin “j” shifter for the 4x4 because it is kinda tough to get it in and out. The in inner front fenders both have holes in them were it is common to rust out.and the efi motor needs to be driven to reset the computer (it is a little cold blooded)

4. Is it leaking any fluids? oil? Trans fluid? There are very small drips of oil and very very small drip on t-case

5. Who put in the motor and transmission? and when? Motor was put in by a guy who works at a local shop. He installed it on his free time to cut down on costs

6. You mention it has flaws? Please tell them to me. The top was painted a few years ago and the paint is not in perfect shape also the two holes in the inner fenders

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi,

After my experiences, I'm probably not the best person to give advice. The one thing I can say is that I have learned my lessons about how my expectations can be a lot different than other peoples'.

For what it's worth...

1. If you can't touch it, feel it, smell it, and drive it.... it is a real crap shoot what you will get. At the very least asking for specific answers, like how big are the puddles under those areas when it leaks, and how long did it take for them to get that big will at least give you a feel for what to expect. It also tells the seller that you'll be looking for those kinds of things.

2. I know these are 40 +/- year old vehicles; but, there are things that are probably known and pretty obvious, and in my opinion they should be shared by the sellers. If you check it out and there are things that weren't mentioned by the seller, you might be a little concerned.

3. Keep your expectations low, and hope for the best. Even if everything is as advertised, stuff can still go wrong after the sale.

Bottom line, it sounds like you want to be careful. Being that you are concerned, you're probably asking for trouble if you don't look at it yourself, or have someone else look at it who knows your expectations. It would be money well spent. (I was pretty close to buying another EB but I got concerned I might be making a mistake. When I was told that I couldn't take it to a shop to have it gone over, I immediately lost interest.)

Just my two cents.

Jeff

OP
OP
ace1204

ace1204

Loc.
Atlanta
Thanks a lot Jeff, my plan is to fly out and check it out in person if the reserve doesn't get met in the auction. So fingers crossed, if its meant to work out, I'm sure it will. And I totally agree and have learned from bad experiences in my past.

danielmclindon

Loc.
Palmdale
New paint

I would also want to know why a new paint job and they don't repair the rust holes in the iner-fenders. :eek: Might be lipstick on a pig!

Status
Not open for further replies.