• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ebay strokers

Tyman

Looking to build a stroker soon, so was doing some research, and saw this and looked pretty decent and good price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ategory=33616&item=7988322116&sspagename=WDVW

I dont want it to be a drag car, and I also dont really want it to be a stump puller and break stuff. Everything looks good except for the compression ratio for the kit, 64cc heads for 10.5:1! I want to use Rousch 200's which had only 58cc so that would be even more then 10.5:1 ratio and I want to be able to keep it on pump gas. I got awhile before ill be able to afford all the parts, but is there a way to lower the compression on this kit to like 9.5:1 or 10:1 or will 11:1 run on super? will retarding the timing make 11:1 run on pump gas

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
I was having the same problem with my 393 build up. I have a set of 60cc D5TE heads. I was looking a KB pistons #364 with a 22cc dish to get my compression close to 9-9.5:1. But they were back ordered 2 weeks from Summit and cost as much as a set of Speed Pro forged pistons. After a lot of research and a few telephone calls I found a Speed Pro piston #H654P with a 22cc dish that will work. My compression calculates to 9.591:1 static and 8.132:1 dynamic when you factor in rod length and cam timing. It should be able to make great power on pump gas and idle all day in the woods without over heating. Best of all they are only $10 and change each from Summit. I bought my crank from the same people on Ebay for $250, then found the pistons on there for $75 new.