• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EB's in Alaska

alaskabroncos

Loc.
Anchorage, Alaska
Just signed up, thought I would check to see if there are many Alaska members. I live in Anchorage and am a Bronco fanatic. My best is a 71 sport, but I have a 77, 76, 74, 70 and a 79 for the big Bronco guys. I love to talk Bronco's and have lots of parts and entire Bronco's for sale/trade etc.....

Hope to talk to you all soon.

Alaskabroncos

murdock

Loc.
Anchorage, AK
I know there are a couple guys from Anchorage on this board. My brother has a white '75 with license plate "nojeep" in Anchorage, but he hasn't been posting to this board. I'm in Houston, TX(temporarily ;D ) and the bronco and I will be back up there in '06 after the wife gets out of school.

You ever check out http://www.alaska4x4network.com ? There are a couple guys on there that have EBs too.

Lets see some pics of your broncos!

OP
OP
A

alaskabroncos

Loc.
Anchorage, Alaska
I have just added a couple of pics to the member gallery so they should show up soon. My 71 is pretty well decked out, 351W, 4 speed top-loader tranny, 32x11.50/15 Firestone Firehawk RMT's for the Hiway and 11-15 Ground Hawgs for the rough stuff. A Ramsey 8,000# PTO Winch, Hard and Soft Tops, tools, Fuel Can Carrier, power steering, Front disk brake conversion, etc.... And I am still not even close to being done. The others are in various states of disrepair but still working on them, hope to have the 70 on the road this summer. The 76 and 77 are to going to be combined into one and the 74 is just a parts rig. I drove the 79 every day until about 3 years ago when it wouldn't pass the emissions test so it just is collecting dust too. Lots opf good parts for the other rigs though.

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
welcome to the board! I'm not from alaska but at least they start with the same alphebet.........Alabama here
Welcome and enjoy!
Ben

66broncomanAK

Loc.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Hey, How's it going? I also live in Anchorage and am a Bronco fanatic. I have an original uncut 66 that I have been slowly restoring. Runs great though I drive it everyday. Good to know there are some Alaska boys on here. 4x4Alaska is a member of this forum also. He is from Wasilla. Let's get together sometime. Maybe tip a few, tell some lies, and talk Broncos. Welcome to the forum.
Gary

Nova

How's it going, and welcome to the board! Its great to see more Alaskan Broncos fans on the site. I live in Eagle River and own a 67 Bronco. Its teal with a black top and 35's. Its my daily driver. I might have to bug you for some parts. ;D I've seen your Bronco around and that is one sweet ride. :eek: Well take to you later

galen1970b

Hello, Im up at Anchorage here also. Ive got a 70, my centech wiring kit just got in plus, my aux heater...(18 degrees today) Im fixing to bring her into the the hobbyshop on base to install the kit and redo my gearing. Maybe all of us bronco guys up here should get together at peters creek or something to go wheelin.

OP
OP
A

alaskabroncos

Loc.
Anchorage, Alaska
It's great to know that I am not the only obsessed Bronco guy Alaska. Let me know what you need parts wise. I am thinking I may have to let the 76 and 77 go to a new owner that has more time to work on them. my 71 takes up so much time and now I want to get the 70 running as a winter ride. If you know anyone wanting to work on projects let me know. I would like to see the go to someone who appreciates Bronco's and won't just rip them apart and make a buggy or something.

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
wassup!..welcome to the board man. I have a 72 and a 70 and always looking for another! I'm restoring the 70 back to stock right now. My 72 is my cut rig. It was originally a half cab and I'm trying to find one to take it back to the way it was. I'm always looking for parts and whole rigs for that matter! might be interested in your 76/77's too....I'll keep my eye on the gallery for pics...

OP
OP
A

alaskabroncos

Loc.
Anchorage, Alaska
Cool, I will have to get some photos of the 76 and 77. They are stored at my cabin by Big Lake. They were bought together to make one, the 76 is a half cab and the 77 is a wagon. I also have an extra half cab top at my house that I don't have any use for, send me an e-mail or a private message and we'll talk. That goes for all the Alaska guys.

Dave

Retro69

Another one in AK. ;)
Dave, sounds like you have your hands full with bronco projects. I've got a couple needs and wants that I'll PM you for.
I have a '69 under construction and still in storage for a few more weeks. I'll be so glad to get working on it again. I picked up a '74 recently too. I'll get pics posted soon.

Brandon, if you still need that auto conversion stuff, give me a week or two after we move in to get settled. I'm kind of handcuffed on that project right now.

Nova....is that you Vic?

I'm in for hooking up some time too.
Danny

OP
OP
A

alaskabroncos

Loc.
Anchorage, Alaska
Good to hear from everyone, I am up for getting together sometime, too. PM for parts needs or interest in getting together most of my stuff is kind of hard to get to until summer. Although I am trying to snowmachine into my cabin this weekend and get some pictures of the 76 and 77.

Dave

66broncomanAK

Loc.
Fairbanks, Alaska
I also have a 74 Bronco. Its a parts truck 302, C4. I'm trying to get rid of it. Had lots of plans ran out of time and money. Body is shot. But, there are alot of good parts there. The drivetrain is all there. $500 takes it all. I know this isn't the for sale section. But, I want to get this out to the Alaska guys. Also I'm looking for a 170 6 cylinder if anyone has one lying around. I'm going to restore my Bronco back to original.
Thanks,
Gary

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
all right, which one of you guys was in Peters Creek last night about 8-ish getting gas? I was on the highway and spotted a Bronco at the pump...looked kind of a sage green to me...... I am interested in getting a few more projects...I wanna see what alaskabroncos 76/77 look like....how shot is the body on your 74 broncoman? is there any workable sheetmetal left?

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
66broncomanAK said:
I also have a 74 Bronco. Its a parts truck 302, C4. I'm trying to get rid of it. Had lots of plans ran out of time and money. Body is shot. But, there are alot of good parts there. The drivetrain is all there. $500 takes it all. I know this isn't the for sale section. But, I want to get this out to the Alaska guys. Also I'm looking for a 170 6 cylinder if anyone has one lying around. I'm going to restore my Bronco back to original.
Thanks,
Gary
I think Agent Orange has one for sale. Already built.

Nova

Yes Danny thats me allright. If you need any help moving your Bronco just give me a call.

Does anybody here drive there Broncos in the winter? Just wondering, haven't seen any lately.

Does anybody have a big bearing 9 inch off a 76 or 77 that they are willing to let go for cheap? I just need the housing. My race spun in the housing one day while I was driving down the highway. :( Its temparly fixed for now. A small bearing housing would work too I think because I have new ends that can be welded on.

Any help would be great, thanks Vic.

66broncomanAK

Loc.
Fairbanks, Alaska
74 Bronco

4x4Alaska, yeah, there is workable metal there. But, it's rough floor boards are shot. striker panels too. you would have to come have a look. The whole drivetrain is there though.

OP
OP
A

alaskabroncos

Loc.
Anchorage, Alaska
Nova said:
Does anybody here drive there Broncos in the winter? Just wondering, haven't seen any lately.

Does anybody have a big bearing 9 inch off a 76 or 77 that they are willing to let go for cheap?

I just got done mounting up my studded snows on Black pro-comp rock crawler rims yesterday. Took it around the block and parked it back in the garage, too cold for the soft top and still can't keep it straght when I take off. Stops alot better though.

I have a 74 that I am pretty much parting out for what I need, I don't think I will need the rear axle but I do for a while just cause I need it to roll. When do you need the housing?

Nova

alaskabroncos said:
I just got done mounting up my studded snows on Black pro-comp rock crawler rims yesterday. Took it around the block and parked it back in the garage, too cold for the soft top and still can't keep it straght when I take off. Stops alot better though.

I have a 74 that I am pretty much parting out for what I need, I don't think I will need the rear axle but I do for a while just cause I need it to roll. When do you need the housing?

Thats great to hear. I was wondering how cold a soft top would be in the winter. What kind of winter tires did you get. I used to run a set of BFG Trac Edge on 16 inch rims, but they were on like 32 to 33 inchs tall. I'm running 4.11 and got tired of listening to her scream down the highway so I put my 35BFGS back on. It does pretty good on the road, you just can't drive fast. I just took the detroit locker out of the rear and replaced it with a auburn limitedslip. It handles and drives a whole lot better. ;D

That rear axle would be great. I'm in no rush, so whenever your ready to let go of it just let me know. Thanks alot. Just PM me about the price and any other info.

I forgot who mentioned it but we all need to get together and meet, check out each others Broncos and stuff.

66broncomanAK

Loc.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Yeah we do need to meet up. Someone name a good time and place. My Bronc's motor is in pieces right now. Should be running by the end of the week. It's tough finding parts for Ford 6 Cylinders in Alaska.