• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

edlebrock fuel pump 1725 fittings

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
I'm a little confused on how to read the charts on fitting size and type .what fittings to use to hook up to the edlebrock fuel pump 1725 , from fuel line to pump, and pump to stock hard line. I have BC hard fuel line kit from the tank, with the 3/8 barb fitting. What are you guys using? It's a 302 with edlebrock manifold and 1405 carb.

Last edited:

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
3/8" rubber fuel line from hard line to fuel pump, same from pump to hard line at front of engine. Then rubber to carb fitting. I added an inline filter up close to the carb as well as slipping heat sheath over the rubber lines.
Mark

OP
OP
savage

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
The edlebrock fuel pump does not come with fittings, it's inlet size is 3/8 NPT and outlet size is 3/8. I need to know what fittings to get for the pump, to hook my 3/8 line and my stock hard line, to the pump.

rguest3

Bronco Guru
3/8 NPT to 6AN Barb, either straight or 45'/90' then use 3/8 Rubber fuel line to carb.

3/8 NPT to 6AN Male thread - 6AN female thread compression fitting to 3/8 steel/stainless Fuel line to carb.

Both ways work great depending on what line you want to use.

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
Don't get too hung up on the 6AN description if your wondering.
Pick up any 3/8" npt x 3/8 barbed fitting. Most automotive stores carry them.
You can get 90 degree fittings as well if it helps the install better.

Ohh and make sure you use teflon "paste" sealer and not the tape. Don't overdo it and apply a few threads in. You don't want it getting "in" the fuel.

Attachments

• 5938114-23.jpg
    5938114-23.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
3/8 NPT to 6AN Barb, either straight or 45'/90' then use 3/8 Rubber fuel line to carb.
Just to be clear, ANY AN hose end with a barb and no sleeve to go over the hose is NOT the same as the more common and typical hose barb fitting. And not all 3/8" fittings are AN. AN refers specifically to a family of hose & tube fittings that use SAE threads and seal on a 37° taper.

3/8 NPT to 6AN Male thread - 6AN female thread compression fitting to 3/8 steel/stainless Fuel line to carb.
Just to be nit-picky, this description is confusing rather than helpful. There is no such thing as "-6AN compression fitting". It either is a -6AN, which seals on a 37° taper, OR it is a 3/8" compression fitting and seals by crimping a ferrule between the fitting body and the fitting nut and onto the tube.

As to what fittings to use, how do you plan to plumb the system?

OP
OP
savage

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Just to be clear, ANY AN hose end with a barb and no sleeve to go over the hose is NOT the same as the more common and typical hose barb fitting. And not all 3/8" fittings are AN. AN refers specifically to a family of hose & tube fittings that use SAE threads and seal on a 37° taper.

Just to be nit-picky, this description is confusing rather than helpful. There is no such thing as "-6AN compression fitting". It either is a -6AN, which seals on a 37° taper, OR it is a 3/8" compression fitting and seals by crimping a ferrule between the fitting body and the fitting nut and onto the tube.

As to what fittings to use, how do you plan to plumb the system?
I would like to use the existing hard line that goes to the carb, its 1/2-20 inverted flare tube nut, tube size is 5/16.The hard line that comes from the tank is from BC Bronco and on the end it has 3/8 barb fitting with a 3/8 fuel hose. If you think something else would work better and easier, I'm try to use what I have so I don't have to change to much, its going to a edlebrock 1405 carb, on a edlebrock performer intake. Thanks Dave

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
OK for the pump's outlet you're going to need an 5/16" Inverted Flare X 3/8NPT adapter fitting.

For the pump's inlet you've got a couple of options. Easiest would be a 3/8" hose barb X 3/8NPT fitting. Then two hose clamps and a section of 3/8" fuel hose. It is more expensive in the short run, but I suggest using the "Emissions Barrier" hose because it should last 3-5 times longer than the cheep hose.

Should be able to get all of that at a quality parts house (e.g. NOT Pep Boys, Vatozone, etc.).

OP
OP
savage

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
OK for the pump's outlet you're going to need an 5/16" Inverted Flare X 3/8NPT adapter fitting.

For the pump's inlet you've got a couple of options. Easiest would be a 3/8" hose barb X 3/8NPT fitting. Then two hose clamps and a section of 3/8" fuel hose. It is more expensive in the short run, but I suggest using the "Emissions Barrier" hose because it should last 3-5 times longer than the cheep hose.

Should be able to get all of that at a quality parts house (e.g. NOT Pep Boys, Vatozone, etc.).
That's what I was looking for ntsqd, thanks everyone.

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Actually it is a 6AN to 3/8" tube.

I guess I should have stated 6AN / Compression to 3/8" Tube.

One end is 6AN Female thread the other end is 3/8" Compression.

Seems I forgot the " / " in my description above. My fault.

I don't remember what Brand fitting I used, but Russell 639200 is a good example. I found them in Black instead.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
So AN X 3/8" compression, those in particular look to only be good on aluminum tubing.

I put bulkhead AN unions in tabs or holes in flanges/etc. and connect the flared tubing to one side and the hose's hose end to the other.