• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI a 289 or 302

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
I am picking up, (to my wife's dismay) two more broncos next week.<br><br>67 & 68.<br><br>I am planning on building a pretty much stock daily driver but would like EFI on it.<br><br>The 67 has a non running 289 and I have a 302 ready for rebuild that will get efi.<br><br>Should I rebuild the 289 w/efi or the 302 w/efi?

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
It doesn't really matter as far as the EFI is concerned, it'll run equally well on either engine. Even if it's a MAP system the volumetric efficiency is so close it won't make a difference.<br><br>The answer would be dictated by whichever engine was in better shape or cheaper to build. Neither would match as far as any purist was concerned, so not an issue.<br>Joe

OP
OP
67halfcab

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
The 302 is from a 70 and ran pretty well. The 289 is from the 67 and doesn't run. I'm not sure what's wrong with it.<br><br>Putting the 289 heads on my 302 block sounds like the route I'll probably take.<br><br>Thanks<br>