• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electrical help needed - centech harness

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
ok, was trying to run down wiper issues - discovered there was no power to the switch (orange wire). Ran a jumper off the ignition switch to the red wire on the wiper motor - all worked fine. So when I started tracing back the orange wire on the wiper switch I discovered there was no power at the fuse panel for the bottom section (wiper/radio, turn signals, heater). Now what??? Fuse panel is broken down into 3 sections - red (battery) constant - also has a gray fused link wire attached, white (ignition powered section) and black. Basically, the black section isn't getting power. Any ideas where the power source is or where the next place to look for faults? (1st pic - no power to upper left section - connected to black wire on center lugs - 3rd pic - bottom left 4 junctions - no power ignition on or off. No label on black wire - at least that I can read.

Attachments

• fuse panel 1a.jpg
    fuse panel 1a.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 17
  • fuse panel 2b.jpg
    fuse panel 2b.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 15
  • fuse panel 3c.jpg
    fuse panel 3c.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 14

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
There are a few hidden? fuses that are integrated into the harness. I know one is near the column under the dash. I would go back and check that fuse to see if it helps.

Ben

OP
OP
t.lay

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
There are a few hidden? fuses that are integrated into the harness. I know one is near the column under the dash. I would go back and check that fuse to see if it helps.

Ben

Thanks - forgot to check the big orange fuse under the dash - 30 amp? Would have thought there would still be power at the panel - but I'm definitely an electrical newb. Any others besides the orange one under the dash? Pretty new prob. had signals till I redid the column.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
If you have been messing around the column make sure to check all your connections where you plug in the column to the rest of the harness. I didn't get mine plugged in right the first time and some similar issues.

Good luck,

Ben

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Oh hey, worst case call centechs tech line. They were not the friendliest bunch but they know the harness and they helped me out on a couple of silly things that I couldn't figure out.

Ben

OP
OP
t.lay

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
Figures - the one time I let a shop touch it they do a hack job on the ignition switch wires. If anyone needs to know - black wire on the fuse panel lug is from the ignition switch (accessories) spade connector.

you're right bigmuddy - the centech folks weren't particularly friendly - but helpful and knew their stuff.