• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

engine mount location on frame

SWFLABRONCO

Loc.
Cape Coral, Fl
OK. Got the drivetrain out today, front to back, but noticed that the engine mounts on the frame looked to have been cut off and moved back several inches. I thought the engine (302) looked to be sitting a little close to the firewall, and the PO had beaten the piss out of the firewall in areas around where the the valve covers are the closest. Now I know the truck originally came with a six cylinder, but don't they all use the same engine mount location? Does anyone have measurements of where they're supposed to be? Thanks in advance.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I did the 6 to v-8 swap. If I remember right the v-8 mounts were further forward. Maybe he kept the 6 cyl location and clearanced the firewall.

OP
OP
SWFLABRONCO

SWFLABRONCO

Loc.
Cape Coral, Fl
Does anyone with factory V8 mounts have a measurement of where the blocks are located. Right now mine are 12 3/4 away from the back of the front crossmember. This can't be right. The writeup from Lonestar EBC says 9 inches. It would be easier to know where the new blocks are to be welded in if someone has factory measurements.

ponch0v

I think it 9" from the back of the front cross member (not the angled stiffener) to the front of the motor mount bracket.