• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Entire Floorpan kit

EBTrooper

Anyone ever tackled the job of replacing the entire floorpan kit at the same time? Not something I will be doing right away but interested to hear from anyone who has, it is definitely in my future. I have to replace one floor support while I am at it.

Curious:

How many hours welding?
Any tips on how to tackle it?
If you had it done by someone else, cost of labor?

Previous owner covered the entire bed with a thick aluminum shell, riveted it in but did not remove the rusted pans below it. Im not mad though, its covered in carpet and everything was put back very neatly. So right now I have a beautiful interior, I just know I have to replace it eventually. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Attachments

• FLOORPAN_KIT.jpg
    FLOORPAN_KIT.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 22

bobscott

Yup, a bunch here have including me. Make sure you are aligned good and your doors shut nice. Brace the body then cut it out. From the pictures in your earlier post I would expect your inner rocker to have rot behind the rusted support. To weld all you do is spot weld. Use a pneumatic punch and put hole 2 to 3 inch apart around perimeter of floor. I test fit/held mine with self tapping screws. I had it all fit then welded away.