• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Etiquette for knocking on doors?

Tapp Daddy

Loc.
Bonney Lake, WA
What's the rule of thumb for knocking on someone's door and asking about their Bronco? I drive by three EB's every day, none of which has moved in the last 4 years. I just don't know if it would be rude or not. There is also a fourth one I drove by that's covered in blackberry bushes. Ya gotta wonder if you offered a few hundred bucks if the person would let it go.

cootvon

Loc.
Little Rock, AR
lucky you... i couldn't find 4 broncos in this state if i had to...unless i asked the members here for their addresses first. I hadn't seen one in 8 years or so... bought mine this weekend finally, and then saw another after stating "i guarantee i have the only one in the city" to my fiancee. I bet the guy was just passing through :p

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Hey Tapp daddy,
How do you think I've scored most of my broncos, That was in the beginning. Now the broncos tend to find me ;D

OP
OP
Tapp Daddy

Tapp Daddy

Loc.
Bonney Lake, WA
I guess I just gotta pony up the ballz and stop by. What's the worst that could happen? Getting shot, I guess! :D Who knows, I might come across one of those "once in a lifetime" deals.

Hey, by the way Mad, how's the rain? Letting up yet? I heard it got pretty wicked over there. I'm glad I'm here in nice and dry WA!

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Just like you said, you just gotta ask.

That person that owns the one in the blackberries probably won't flag you down while you're driving by and ask you if you want to buy it............. ;D

By the way let me know where the other ones are at and I'll ask for you..... ;D

Ryan.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Where's Bonney Lake? I'll go with you if you want as long as we get to split the take ;D . Thats how I got my Scout, I found 2 in different backyards, both contemplated dealing them away and 1 of them did, the other decided to get back to work on his. After a small engine fire we got it started and got it home. Ended up being a real find too with PTO.

Seriously though where's Bonny Lake? ;)

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
For a 77 I had my eye on, Once I found the owner and asked, He told me, "$200. and you tow it out of my yard" I was there the same afternoon

OP
OP
Tapp Daddy

Tapp Daddy

Loc.
Bonney Lake, WA
Ryan - two of them are up Locust Ave, just off old Buckley Hwy. The blackberry one is b/t Auburn and Enumclaw, and the third is by Lake Tapps.

PDX - Bonney Lake is up by Tacoma/Puyallup, if that help.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I used to do a lot of backyard shopping through the older neighborhoods in Bakersfield till I ended up on this street named Watts Ave....needless to say a few of the residents didn't like some white kid cruising slowly down their street spying into their backyards and decided to chase after me as I sped away in my Ford Festiva.
Nowadays when I have the opportunity up here in Portland I cruise the farming areas and the 1acre plus residentials. Havent made a lot of finds as of yet but need to get back to searching. Neither my wife nor 2 year old son have learned the appreciation for the backyard find yet...maybe someday. ;D

OP
OP
Tapp Daddy

Tapp Daddy

Loc.
Bonney Lake, WA
Wag - The one by Tapps is red w/a white top and flat left front tire. Kinda moldy, windows down.

PDX - Ya gotta be caregful doin' drive-bys. I drive loader for a soil company, so my dumptruck drivers give me the lowdown on rigs they see.

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
One suggestion I might make is to not drive your bronco when you go knocking on doors. They might see your bronco and think they are gonna fix theirs up. This is assuming that your bronco is nice looking

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Madgyver said:
For a 77 I had my eye on, Once I found the owner and asked, He told me, "$200. and you tow it out of my yard" I was there the same afternoon
Mad

Bend over I want to check you for horseshoes placed in a strategic location!!
You have to be one of the luckiest people around when it comes to Broncos
TOFIC

OP
OP
Tapp Daddy

Tapp Daddy

Loc.
Bonney Lake, WA
Good point. My is NOT very nice looking though. I should take a beater of some sort so they don't think I have very much money. If I drive up in the lifted Super Duty, they might up the $ on me. ;D

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
drive up in a beater F250 with an old carhauler in tow and ask if they want you to haul off that old pile of rust they got in the back 40'. ;D

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
you could always leave a note...

i found one in my EB a couple weeks ago asking if i wanted to sell it. of course, i dont want to. he left his phone number and such.

a few months ago i saw a EB parked on the army post i work at and left a note just asking if he was a CB.com member and if he every needed and help to call me...needles to say he didnt. probably weireded him out. Actually i did that another time too at a different army post and the same thing happened.

maybe a note isnt a good idea :p

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
About a year ago I hadn't moved my Bronco out of it's spot on the driveway in about two years. One Saturday morning a guy comes to the door asking if I wanted to "sell the Bronco that hadn't moved in two years" I politely told him no, but didn't mind that he inquired. In fact, it got me motivated to get off my duff and get it running again, which I did over the next couple of weekends. I've got my eye on a beater '69 Mustang Fastback in a backyard, but have no room for another car on my property. I am curious though if it would be obtainable, and may just ring the guy's doorbell to see.

Fugly

Loc.
Las Vegas
Yup, never hurts to ask. I usually get the, "you're the tenth person to ask this week about it." Followed by, "I plan on restoring it someday." I always have to laugh to myself when I walk away because they are usually sunk into the ground and haven't moved in years, or they have more crap piled inside than one can imagine.
I might just go back and offer to trade that one person a storage shed for his bronco! ;D