• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Exhaust manifold info please?

Bilgamesh

Loc.
Pilot Point, TX
Does anyone have an idea of what years/models of exhaust manifolds will interchange on a 74 Bronco 302. I think I have an exhaust leak at one of mine. - Thanks

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Does anyone have an idea of what years/models of exhaust manifolds will interchange on a 74 Bronco 302. I think I have an exhaust leak at one of mine. - Thanks

Which side? Driver's I believe, is interchangeable accross many years. Passenger side has smog stuff as you get closer to 77. Choke preheat and preheat stove for the air cleaner. They all should work... Someone on www.norcalbroncos.com was selling a set I think.

See: http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2415

instigator

if it is the manifold leaking , take it off and get resurfaced and install it with a new gasket. should be good to go

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I just replaced the driver side manifold. It had a large area of tiny cracks. Looked like spider webs. Was leaking over an area over 6" long! Got a good used one from Toms. Came really nice. Cleaned, resurfaced. painted with new studs.
Saved again by Toms. My favorite place!

OP
OP
Bilgamesh

Bilgamesh

Loc.
Pilot Point, TX
I got mine from JBG for $60 plus shipping. I was disappointed in the condition. It was totally rusty, dirty, and full of spider webs and dried mud in #4 port. I had to use naval jelly and sand around all the ports to get down to a sound mating surface. However, it was functionally sound and $39 cheaper than Tom's.

When I pulled the original, I could see #4 was leaking as there was only about 1/8" of surface left around the port. When I put the new one on, I was very happy to have no more ticking sound!

Last edited: