• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer PS pump fitting

SWFLABRONCO

Loc.
Cape Coral, Fl
I got my Explorer pump hooked up today, but the fitting on the pump, once tightened, still seems to swivel and doesn't seem seated. This is a new factory hose for the pump, I just had a local shop put the 7/16 fitting on the box end. Should this thing be moving around? I posted a few pics in case thay help.

Attachments

• IMG_0644.jpg
    IMG_0644.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 46

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I don't know for sure on that location, but Ford uses that type in several places. I never have figured how they can be loose but sealed.

OP
OP
SWFLABRONCO

SWFLABRONCO

Loc.
Cape Coral, Fl
Thanks iwlbcnu. Anyone else have experience with this fitting? It will be a month or so before I fire it, I just need to know if it's gonna be a leaker.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Thanks iwlbcnu. Anyone else have experience with this fitting? It will be a month or so before I fire it, I just need to know if it's gonna be a leaker.

That's normal. They can move around.

Clean installation. Looks very nice.

OP
OP
SWFLABRONCO

SWFLABRONCO

Loc.
Cape Coral, Fl
Thanks lars, and to everyone else that has helped me through this conversion. lars, I'm pm'ing you regarding another question about the distributor.