• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Export to Europe??????????

kameron_i

Anyone ever try to export an EB to Europe? I'll be going to Spain in a couple of years and would like to take my EB with me. Anyone have any experience with this and can offer any advice?

Thanks in advance.........................

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
If your in the military it would be wise to check with your local transportation office to find out wha the requirements are. Some vehicles are not permitted.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
If you're with the military, do some research and find out what vehicle has the highest price spread between the states and Spain. Buy it, have the army ship it and then sell it while you're there.

Do the same for the return trip.

I know a guy that did that to Australia, and the highest spread vehicle to import over there was, believe it or not, a Pontiac Fiero.
Dont remember what he brought back. I think it was a mad max Falcon XB

Most countries allow just about any car if you're a tourist, or student and the car stays registered in your native country.
If you're not with the military, just buy a cheap car to use while you're there, the shipping costs would be more than the EB is worth.

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
Contact Andrew at bajabronco.com. He built a Baja for a guy doing ralley races in England. He might know how the guy shipped it over there.

OP
OP
K

kameron_i

No, unfortunantly I'm not in the military. I am married to a Spanish girl and she is wanting to go back. Can't say I blame her. The place is great. So anyhow It'll be a permanent move and the one thing I told her is that my bronco goes with me. I've got 2 years to get it up to their emissions standards if need be. I've been wanting toinstall a roller motor with fuel infection anyway......................Their 4wd's mostly bite. They do have a cool Toyota RAV2 (yes...2). but everything else isn't worth having. I hear you on the small car thing, but think I'll opt for a motorcycle as a daily ride. Traffic really sucks in Barcelona.

thanks for the info gddyap..........I'll give that a try.

Anyone else?

PsYcHoBrOnCo

Loc.
Fort Worth, Tx
No, unfortunantly I'm not in the military. I am married to a Spanish girl and she is wanting to go back. Can't say I blame her. The place is great. So anyhow It'll be a permanent move and the one thing I told her is that my bronco goes with me. I've got 2 years to get it up to their emissions standards if need be. I've been wanting toinstall a roller motor with fuel infection anyway......................Their 4wd's mostly bite. They do have a cool Toyota RAV2 (yes...2). but everything else isn't worth having. I hear you on the small car thing, but think I'll opt for a motorcycle as a daily ride. Traffic really sucks in Barcelona.

thanks for the info gddyap..........I'll give that a try.

Anyone else?
You are lucky, I was born in Madrid and can not wait to go back......envy;)

OP
OP
K

kameron_i

What's stopping you? Can't figure out a way to ship your bronco either?!?!?!;D