• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Extended brake lines

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
I have the Extended ss brakes lines from Jeffs bronco graveyard. i was wondering I have the stock fitting on the rear axle and the block has a soft line coming in .. How do I make the new ss flex line attach to the factory block on the axle ..The block is one piece and it doesnt untread so I can add the new brake line...

Do I need another part ..?

Attachments

• 100_0862.jpg
    100_0862.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_0863.jpg
    100_0863.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 43

TBS-POPS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
valley springs, ca
You have the wrong line if it doesn't have the block on it. I am assuming that you are talking about the line that goes from the axle to the body.

OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
yes its the line from the frame down to the axle, The lines I got came with my 5.5 lift kit when I bought it

TBS-POPS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
valley springs, ca
Unscrew the breather line that holds the block to the axle (the line that sticks straight out), then you can replace the whole block. undo the brake lines (the hard lines on the side) first as its easier to get them loose.

from the pic, thats the right line

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
That block is part of the brake line. As said above remove the threaded breather bolt (and blow that crap out of it!!!!), throw away the block and all atached hoses and lines, and attach new ss line and block with the breather bolt again. Then screw new hardlines in.

FYI the extended SS line i got from jeffs was not long enough (with my 5.5" lift) to reach back up to the frame mount. I had to fab up a piece of steel to drop the mounting location down a few inches. I already had my lines hooked up so i cut a small gap to the hole so i didnt have to undo the lines and bleed again. Had to do the same in the front also, but a bolt holds it to the bracket so no worries about undoing the lines.

Attachments

• IMG_1823.jpg
    IMG_1823.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1822.jpg
    IMG_1822.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
Thanks for the info. everyone I really appreciate it and the pics as well..Ill make some brop down brackets and get a new block for the axle....

Lee

quikdrummer

Loc.
Chino Valley, AZ
Thanks for the info. everyone I really appreciate it and the pics as well..Ill make some brop down brackets and get a new block for the axle....

Lee

You already have the new block on the new line, it's the large rectangle end with a big hole going all the way thru and 2 threaded holes on the side

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
..Ill make some brop down brackets

Maybe there lines are longer now adays not sure, but mine seemed pretty tight (even for on the road). Put everything together and see how they look. As long as you notch to the hole on the rear drop bracket you dont need to unhook the lines and flush the lines again, just cut a notch big enough to slide the hard line through.

Good Luck and have fun with it. OH and like i said earlyer make sure you clear out that breather bolt. It looks like its plugged up in your pic.

OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
bknbronco, thanks for the tip , I did clean that vent out ,it was completly stopped up so I brushed the inside and sprayed break cleaner in it and go it looking nice. I have no brake lines what so ever so i have to fill and bleed the entire brake system once I get it all connected.

I put the new ss extension line on and it has about 18 inches of room to move downward I made a small bracket just in case but Ill have to see how far those 5.5 deaver springs flex out...lol I dont think they will go down 18 plus inches....

thanks again,

Lee