• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Extended E brake cables, help on fitment

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
After searching here, I bought a set of 78-9 Bronco cables, got the Tru-Torque brand but they do not have the plastic bushing that sealed up the hole on the backing plate, so they snap in but fit loosely. Any one have any suggestions on sealing the hole better or a better fit? Trying to stay local so i can hurry up and finish this.

OP
OP
iwlbcnu

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
The tru torques are c92867 & c92863, United Parts are 92867 & 92863, Raybestos and Wagner are BC10158 & BC101859, I found the Wagners at Fishers here which are always high, so I ended up paying $40 more than the tru torques but they look to have nicer ends, will try fit tonight. The first ones were metal with protective hose in two location, the wagners are plastic sheeved with no rub protectors.

OP
OP
iwlbcnu

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Update, the Wagners really fit nice. The passenger side was long enough to go over the frame the drivers had to still go under to give full flex.

red hot71

Loc.
kent wash.
So when you installed these do they go under the leafs or over the top? Any other mounting points between the backing plates and the frame bracket? Coming up fast on my to do list.

OP
OP
iwlbcnu

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I tore my last set out under the spring, so these went over the spring and I zip tied to the U bolt holding the spring, under the frame on the drivers side, and over the frame on the passenger side. I have 4.5 lift and pretty good flex. We'll see next week how they hold up.